Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Song recognition algorithm  (Read 6044 times)

Description:

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: Song recognition algorithm
« on: September 14, 2003, 05:15:54 PM »
So you mean a radio station that broadcasts a constant audio stream of songs, and you have some software that identifies the songs you want and saves them...

That sucks... ok how about a hijacking a special frequency (from the CB range?) and then transmitting the same stream as a digial signal (an mpeg stream), which could have the name of the song in the header, that way the user will HAVE to save it before they can listen to it (and the software can identify the name of the song from the header).

I don't know what the data rate would be... lets assume 1mbit... then you could get hundereds of songs transmitted every hour...

That would beat the RIAA... but that would suck since I wouldn't get paid.

I think its a stupid idea ;-)

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: Song recognition algorithm
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 09:24:11 PM »

MarkTime wrote:
@amigamad,

Hey if you can record your digital radio straight to MP3, and it includes the title and artist?  And you can get on digital radio all the songs you could get in kazaa?

If so, all thats left is for someone to right a little program to start recording the songs automatically for later retrieval...I would think, and turn it into a TiVO like device.

wa-la, you get all your songs for free.

But you know, that wouldn't last long before RIAA shut it down.

I dare them to try and shut down the radio broadcast networks (talk about shooting themselves in the foot).

Ahhh, but you live in the US... the Radio in the UK sucks... if you put the radio on all day, you may only hear 5 different songs, at best... and you will hear the same five all week...