Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion announce 12" Netbook running AmigaOS - due end of Q1/2012  (Read 21924 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Quote from: Cammy;664682
I'm guessing it will be around 400-600Mhz, which should still be enough for AmigaOS.

It's probably based on this, meaning it will be quite similar to your Efika (i.e. 400MHz). Genesi and THTF (a Chinese OEM development company) initiated a netbook project together some years ago based on this CPU (before their relationship crashed, and before it turned out that the CPU lacked HW cache coherency, and Genesi went ARM instead), LimePC, AFAIK this is still being sold in China and this is is AFAIK the only PPC based netbook ever built. You might also have seen it (or rather the "nettop" variant based on the same HW) resold as "Cherrypal" as well. It's a cheap, low watt CPU, and I'm not aware of any other CPU really suitable for netbook design. And "suitable" is a matter of definition, since besides lacking cache coherency, it also lacks several important features users would expect from a netbook, like HW accelerators for multimedia and video decoding/encoding...
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

• Show all replies
Re: Hyperion announce 12" Netbook running AmigaOS - due end of Q1/2012
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 08:52:45 AM »
Quote from: VingtTrois;664681
...and seems to be the killer of the AmigaOneX1000!!!

Indeed, this is what people wanting to run OS4 will buy instead. You could get 10 (ten!) of these for the price of one X1000! And it's mobile.

• Show all replies
Re: Hyperion announce 12" Netbook running AmigaOS - due end of Q1/2012
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 08:55:51 AM »
Quote from: djrikki;664774
Who needs Flash anymore?  Not me, I won't miss flash adverts

Hehe, you think it's *flash* that is evil and bring you ads, and not website owners in need of money? You think you won't see ads in HTML5? :lol: