Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bringing m68k GNU/Linux back from the brink  (Read 8439 times)

Description:

Offline MrZammler

• Show all replies
Re: Bringing m68k GNU/Linux back from the brink
« on: March 15, 2010, 07:52:08 AM »
Hey,

Nice to see more people involved in linux on Amiga. Just as a FYI, there is a wiki site called http://www.linuxonamiga.org ATM there's not much in there, but since information on the subject seems to be scarce on the Internet, anyone is welcome to update it with docs, help and guides. It could become a good starting point for those who want to tinker with UNIX stuff on their Amigas.
Anyway is the only way

Offline MrZammler

• Show all replies
Re: Bringing m68k GNU/Linux back from the brink
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 10:35:03 AM »
Quote from: kolla;547964
Oh... I remember I said I would write something there :(
Documenting the magic I do is not something I'm good at, even at work this is a problem for me :hammer:
("What, you want me to write this simple 200+ char one-liner down for you? Why? Isn't it obvious?")

Lol, :-) I hate it when I have to search for the same one-liner each time I want to mess with it. Mainly that's why I started the site (as a grand notepad) :-)

Anyway, no worries, the site is there (sorry if I spamed the thread btw) and open.

But: Since I also love Gentoo (it's my main desktop at home, work, netbook), could you share those "basic packages"? I assume a stage 3 tarball could be made out of them and make things easier to get started with Gentoo on Amiga?

Thanks!
Anyway is the only way