Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigakit or Pendingkit?  (Read 17968 times)

Description:

Offline Chucky

Re: Amigakit or Pendingkit?
« on: March 07, 2020, 10:53:16 PM »
With all respect.  but there is for me "nothing to discuss"

registering a name well known into the community and redirecting it to somewhere else offering similiar service is..      hmm how to say this politly:  "not ok"   and nothing to discuss on.

and reading the reactions.  I would clearly recomend you to solve it like now.  not "this coming week"  and the only solution is to give the domain to the correct owner...   and reading this made me really dissapointed. and I mean really dissapointed..

Offline Chucky

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 11:10:25 PM »
still  browsing to  www.amigapassion.com  directs to amigakit.   not the the known other person.  and this is what is just simply "not ok"

it is like taking  microsoft.info and direct it to apple....     and actually  there is also no excuse for this.  as amigapassion does amiga repairs.  so do you.

amigakit is ofcourse well known.    but let me say like this:  if I register amigakit.se  and redirect it to me  you would not approve..  right?  this is the same thing.    and is also very very easy to solve..   give amigapassion.com domain to correct person.  say you are sorry and it is all just fine.

but keeping it.. no.  that is not ok.  and people are getting annoyed of this.  and that is not good for anyone.

amiga have enough of drama.

Offline Chucky

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 11:22:16 PM »
It is not of very well known companies. thing is  "amigapassion" have never ever been connected to amigakit..

and I do not care about how much sponsoring etc have been done.  it is still not ok.   even if you sponsored big happennings, it still doesn't give you the right to take any name and redirect it to you.   this community is too small for it.   it is not fair play.  it is just sorry to say "a dick move" and it now start to cost you quite a lot of bad PR.   Is it really worth it?  independent of size of bankaccount or how active you are etc.

if you think it is ok to take another parts name and redirect to you.  then why should not other takes amigakit and redirect to themselves?

this is not a big thing..  there is nothing to discuss.   you made a misstake.  fix it. all fine..  or isn't it a misstake? please do not disssapoint me and the community.   remember.  the community doesn't need anyone of us!  but we need the community!

The following users thanked this post: demon-knight

Offline Chucky

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 08:47:54 AM »
As the domain still links to amigakit..

I got a really bad feeling when trademark registering started.  Now also starting to register domainnames of other companies names and link it to you.
what is next?  well I can just see other stuff, maybe even names that is conencted to me (like reamiga)     I cannot support this..

even if I only bought stuff for 243,04eur, I have however now put my last order at amigakit.  and you can delete my account there.

I am sad, really sad it have to go like this.    but there is a border where I think stuff is enough.   Registering trademarks was on the border.  doing stuff like this.  well  sorry but you passed it. and I do not care who is the bigger older one.  actually that even makes it worse.

Offline Chucky

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 08:59:03 AM »
Thinking of it.  I doubt registering a domiainname that are using a companyname that belongs to another person, with SOME similiar acitvities is not even legal.

and keeping it still when it is brought to attention.. give me the feeling "ok take it to court then" while thinking that it might not happen due to the costs..

do we not have ENOUGH of shit in court in the community?  apprenlty not...

Offline Chucky

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 02:44:52 PM »
amigastore.com aswell..
REALLY?

gheez

suddenly amigapassion.com is going to a white page..  but amigastore.com to amigakit.. hmm isn't amigastore.eu a diffrent place. THIS explains why I a while was confused with amigastore AS amigakit a while ago..

REALLY?

Offline Chucky

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 03:30:35 PM »
Fair enough.  but  checking archive.org  it is only like since 2018 amigastore.com is connected to the amigakit webpage.

while amigastore.eu seems to had a bad configured webserver but appered at 2013  so it is hard to judge..

but according to archive.org amigastore.com was more a link-collection of places to buy amigastuff to suddenly at 2018 be redirected to amigakit.

I also today took notice of one A1200 case with your trademark etc. but not a single word of WHO actually produced the case.  ok it was internally on the plastic.  but not a single note on sticker (original sticker removed)

is this really how we play?

please.   rethink your marketing plan.  you can still market without taking over other persons links/names/credits..    I can say that it is a pretty bad move.

I really started to have this bad feeling when trademarks started to be registered..     and now.  well.   my gut-feeling isn't better :-(

I guess it would be best to explain why amigapassion.com was registered in the first place.  I really want to know the story behind that.
also why a1200.net isn't mentioned on the cases except on the plastic inside? the original cases have a different sticker..

remember it is the small things people notice. and lets do not talk what is legal or not..  this most of us doesn't care about.  but what is fair and "just ok" is a different thing.

but yes!  waiting on the story behind amigapassion.com registration.   I can accept amigastore.com if it is as you said a old domain. (even if it changed meaning in 2018)

Offline Chucky

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 04:27:35 PM »
wow..   that was low...   really low...

but ok.  now I know. 

please erase my account at amigakit.   I want it to be anonymized with regards to GDPR laws..

this is sad. so sad.  but now I know hos it is to be played.

I must say.  I havenot misunderstood anything.  now I know why amigapassion was registered.  and also why alot of trademarks is registered.

to make more drama and lawsuits..   

enough is enough!