Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Elbox have spoken  (Read 8261 times)

Description:

Offline seer

• Show all replies
Re: Elbox have spoken
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 19, 2002, 03:37:11 PM »
@platon42

Sigh. You rather believe Elbox with their "facts", which again obviously are *wrong* again.

Like I said, neither party suplied any proof that what they said was true, that means that neither the original poster nor Elbox gave any proof.  YOU came with some thought out facts, something the original poster didn't (IMO) and Elbox still hasn't done (proof that their code doesn't render the HD unusable).

instead of repeatedly posting their statements as dogmatic truth?

I didn't. I just tried to explain how they see it as it seemed that their statement or parts of it were ignored just as many (parts of) statements made bij EG Amiga or Thendic are ignorred as it suits anybody who is against them (or for them).

How did you do this? With a disk monitor? Or with
HDToolbox?

Don't really remember, only that it was a beta or something but it wasn't called a disk monitor but a HD editor. Been about 6 years ago since I played  with the RDB.

I also used a program a friend of mine developed but he never gave it to anybody except his friends (Was called LeDisk, but I doubt it still exists in any form, it was a real good thing to (ab)use. Allas he died 3 years ago, his family threw out most of his disk soon after he was cremated. At the time I didn't find it important to keep those disks myself. All other friends sold their miggy stuff eons ago) I must admit that I could be mistaken about only destroying the drivetype info tho. It's been far to long to remember.

>Is it possible there are some diffrences on a ZIP RDB ? (Willing to risk your real IDE HD )

No, there is NO difference.

Ok, thanx for the info. (Never used a zip on an Amiga)

>Would be better if you had a higher post count

Now, excuse me, that's stupid. You really think that if this account was faked, the "real" Chris Hodges wouldn't immediately cry out and tell Wayne that there's a fake account of him?

It's not that. AFAIK, I never spoken with you before, so I don't know you. If you had more posts (and if I read them offcourse) I could make a judgement on wheter I would just take your word for it or not. People like Coder, Redrumloa Kronos have a somewhat high post count and everybody here knows them and in a way how they think about certain thinks.

>Offcourse I could still say; you didn't use the driver and some hacking, just some self editing of the RDB but I'll let this pass by

I really cannot help you then. I'll give it up. Believe whatever is easier for you to believe.

It wasn't meant as an offensive. Like I said, you are the only one who posted (again, AFAIK) reliable info on a (IMHO) reliable website, unlike the postings on ANN (Don't read Moonbunny) where anybody can claim to be you or post stuff like "believe me, I know" without any facts or arguments.

But to conclude. If you say the RDB is thrashed after the Elbox code is triggered then I'll take your word for it. Enough typed about this I think.

On a different but not OT note; are you giving Elbox the rights back to distribute your software now they claim the offensive code is taken out ?
~
Everything you say will be misquoted and used against you.
~

Offline seer

• Show all replies
Re: Elbox have spoken
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2002, 04:19:47 PM »
@Bobson

??? I dont get what you mean?  :-)

Sometimes you are at Axemans (Not sure I got the name rigth) place and you post with his account or vice versa by mistake :-). Always good for a laugh ;-)
~
Everything you say will be misquoted and used against you.
~