Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS noob. School me!  (Read 27456 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: MorphOS noob. School me!
« on: September 25, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Heiroglyph;773875
What are the limitations on the size of files? I work in video, so I've got single video files my home NAS that are over 40GB each and might want to play one some day.

Unless you are splicing many low to medium resolution videos together, I am guessing that those 40GB+ video files are HD, or Blu-Ray ripped files, which to my knowledge, can't be played on MorphOS yet.  In fact, I don't think the PPC MacOSX can play Blu-Ray iso files either.

If you find out something different, then let me know.  I have been working on archiving all of my movies over the last year and I am interested in figuring out the best setup for storage and playback possibilities, without buying any expensive new hardware.

Congrats on getting your G5 PowerMac and enjoy your learning period on MorphOS.  I personally think it is the best Amiga inspired alternative, unless you are only interested in playing old 68k games, then you are better off just using the real thing, or if you no longer have a Classic Amiga, using UAE.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: MorphOS noob. School me!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 03:46:40 AM »
Quote from: Yasu;773898
@amigadave

It might work. I can play true HD movies in H264 MP4 comprimation on my 2.7 GHz Powermac G5. Not bad for a single core :)

That is great to read and know.  I haven't tried to playback any HD content on MorphOS using MPlayer yet, other than an occasional 720p YouTube video.

I need to get myself back up to speed on the latest MorphOS info, before the 2014 AmiWest Show begins, so I can answer questions better.  I will be displaying MorphOS running on at least a couple of systems during the show for people to test it and see how great it is.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)