Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS 3.2 on a Powerbook G4 - some issues  (Read 5267 times)

Description:

Offline commodorejohnTopic starter

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Re: MorphOS 3.2 on a Powerbook G4 - some issues
« Reply #14 from previous page: August 11, 2013, 09:20:53 PM »
I can do without 2-finger gestures now that I've got option-click working, but it'd really be nice for tap-click at least to work...
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline nicholas

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 09:25:39 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;744363
I can do without 2-finger gestures now that I've got option-click working, but it'd really be nice for tap-click at least to work...

Have you reported it as a bug?  If not it won't get fixed.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 09:43:43 PM »
I'll get to that. I do have other things to do on a weekend, you know ;P

P.S. posting from OWB!
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline thaddaeus

• Show only replies by thaddaeus
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 01:34:47 AM »
Hi  i reda you are running morph os on your powerbook and had no no problems with installing it?  i today downloaded the latest version ( never tried morph before) and tried all soe
rtd of different ways of pressing the  c key down after the chime  . i spent hours doing this and  mac os x always started up . is there something obvious i am overlooking?  please tell me how you did your install .  i am usually pretty good at following directions . the help desk page said something about modifying teh boot script i have never had to do this with a mac .  i do ok with computers but im not really a computer guy i just draw pictures . lol. please help any advice would be appreciated .
burned  morph os disc on my imac and trying to install it on a powerboook g4 aluminium 17"

thank you  very much!

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 03:00:28 AM »
No, I didn't have any difficulties booting. If you are, there's a couple things I'd try. First off, boot into Open Firmware (hold down the Command/Apple key, O, and F while booting) and enter:
reset-nvram
reset-all
at the prompt to clear the NVRAM settings, then hold down C while it's rebooting. If it still won't boot from the CD, try booting into Open Firmware again and try:
boot cd:,\\tbxi
If that doesn't do it, I'd double-check that your CD image is good and burn a new copy.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 01:04:49 PM »
Are you sure you burned the iso correctly and didn't just copy the image to the CD?

Boot into OSX then check the contents of the CD. Does it contain just the iso image or have the expected filesystem structure? (MorphOS folder, C, Deva, Libs, S folders etc)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline thaddaeus

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 11:09:13 PM »
thank you commadore john , i tried your suggestions and and none of them worked but i googled your suggested instructions and it kinda opened up a whole new world of stuff ive never played with . was up late trying to get cd to boot trying to boot from usb stick and finally gave up for the nite and started playing with setting times to run programs automatically thru the the terminal when imm asleep . overall i learned a lot last nite but didnt really get anything done lol

Offline thaddaeus

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 11:15:53 PM »
nicholos this might be my problem i dont know . i just downloaded the morphos file and burned it to disk thru finder . i dont know if i burned it correctly or not . when i click on the morphos-3.2.iso file i can see classes and applications  boot.img  bootpeg1img ect ect  but how do i know if the disk i burned is just a datadisk or a bootable one (obviously its not booting lol) is tehre another way i should be burning my disk? another program besides finder?   thanks

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 11:30:14 PM »
Have you tried opening the CD itself (and not the ISO file) in Finder? It should be able to read it if it burned correctly.