Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS 3.2 on a Powerbook G4 - some issues  (Read 5330 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: MorphOS 3.2 on a Powerbook G4 - some issues
« on: August 09, 2013, 10:31:56 AM »
1. Format, reinstall, don't install Chrysalis again.
2) Option- Left click for RMB same as on OSX.
3. Install Grunch and use it to install the software you want.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 02:45:24 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;744288
Huh. I'd like to know why they bothered to include a trackpad settings page if it's not going to use them... :|

What model of Powerbook are you using?

I have a 5,8 and the trackpad works properly. Two finger tap for right click etc.

There are two possibilities here:

1) Your trackpad is broken
2) There is a bug in MorphOS that affects your particular model

My advice is:

1) Send a subscribe email to the official MorphOS mailing list morphos-subscribe@ml.morphos-team.net
2) Go to #morphos channel on freenode and ask for help
3) Register an account at http://morphzone.info and ask for advice
4) If after all that you can't get it to work properly and believe it to be a bug in MorphOS then:

When you are looking at the Ambient desktop, move your mouse pointer to the screen title bar and select the menu column labelled as "Ambient". Now, choose "About MorphOS" and view the "Support" tab. Read the on-screen instructions and fill out a report. Finally, press the "Generate report" button

Taken from: http://www.morphos.de/faq
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 03:14:17 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;744303
The trackpad works fine in OSX, so I doubt it's a problem with the hardware. I'll ask around.

Well you really should go through the official channels as listed below so that an official bug ticket can be created and then get the issue fixed for the release of MOS 3.3 (which is apparently due very soon.)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 09:25:39 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;744363
I can do without 2-finger gestures now that I've got option-click working, but it'd really be nice for tap-click at least to work...

Have you reported it as a bug?  If not it won't get fixed.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 01:04:49 PM »
Are you sure you burned the iso correctly and didn't just copy the image to the CD?

Boot into OSX then check the contents of the CD. Does it contain just the iso image or have the expected filesystem structure? (MorphOS folder, C, Deva, Libs, S folders etc)