Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS ahead of AROS?  (Read 28085 times)

Description:

Offline OlafS3

Re: MorphOS ahead of AROS?
« Reply #29 from previous page: April 04, 2012, 03:57:05 PM »
yes that is right. It is 68k started as application so to say (hidden from the user) but not mixed with the host system like on MOS or MorphOS. More like a sandbox concept.

On Aros you have plenty of different architectures like X86, ARM, PPC, 68k and hosted options. I think it would be a nightmare when you could mix all the systems. That this is possible on MOS, AOS has certainly something to do with PPC. All has its price.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:00:48 PM by OlafS3 »

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2012, 04:41:37 PM »
the discussion was not about "my OS is better than ..." anymore. But if you want...  Aros has full Mesa and Gallium3D support and MorphOS not. But MorphOS has a lot of features that Aros has not...

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, 05:38:54 PM »
Greek as second language? Here most people take English (and French) as second language, some also spain. But greek is certainly seldom.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2012, 05:12:32 PM »
There are also Amikit (updated) and AmigaSys with countless addons and software.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2012, 11:40:54 PM »
I do not want to destroy your illusions. The reasons why there is not much drive regarding PPC because anyone fears MorphOS or AOS but because there is not much need. The world outside speaks X86 (and in parts ARM) but noone is interested in PPC. That is the reality. There is a nightly build for PPC but that is not enough. You must build a distribution and you need a lot of software to be compiled for PPC. Noone is interested to do that for such a small number of potential users.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:46:34 PM by OlafS3 »

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2012, 11:43:55 PM »
Nobody wants to stop people be happy with MorphOS and nobody tries to force anybody to use Aros. Many people are now working to remove the weak points from Aros and I am convinced that in 6-12 Months the situation will have changed and I try to do my part in this process.

That is what I believe and you can of course think different. We can talk in a few months about it :-)

I always hear how superior MorphOS is, "Aros is years behind" and "68k users are just retros and only want to play games". Do not be too convinced of "your OS", the world can faster change when you think.

I am just finishing my Aros 68k distribution and I will start soon with a Linux hosted distribution (X86/Kubuntu) and I am proud to be part of the change. And comments like this are only motivating me more.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:05:29 AM by OlafS3 »

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2012, 11:35:22 AM »
"Except for the fact that we've got the best browser, OS4 has a decent word processor (Cinnamon Writer), and AROS?
Oh yeah, it crashes.
Aros? It hasn't reached revision 1.0 yet."

I am really tempted to response in the same tone but I will not do that...

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2012, 06:41:44 PM »
I can understand the AOS user now a little better... bye

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2012, 10:00:46 AM »
One last sentence from me

when you want cooperation and that people are interested to look at your OS (and even buy it) it is not helpful to bash them (68k, Aros, AOS). But the MorphOS community seems to be happy that they tell each other how great they are. That the community is stagnating (at best) seems noone to disturb. The outsiders just do not understand how great it is... So obviously there is no common ground for cooperation between both camps, I personally regret that but it is not possible... then stay the best (how you think) and be happy with your Macs

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2012, 11:23:24 AM »
I have sent you what was written here. When someone behaves like little childs than it your side (when we start it this way). I would personally excuse me if I read similar written by Aros supporters. Badmouthing of others is very very bad style. By this "MorphOSs" only harm their side. So do not talk of "childs" here...

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2012, 10:22:28 AM »
I think the whole "my system is better than yours" is wrong. Aros has some advantages (like supporting different platforms, processors and hosted versions and it is good in 3D). It also has weaknesses that all Aros-Developers are aware of and working on it (like me and others working to integrated sophisticated 68k integration and distributions, Zune-Updates, Scalos to replace Wanderer as Workbench-Replacement etc.). In some areas like 68k integration it can not reach MorphOS level, but that is a price for using modern hardware. Some say they will only support and use Aros if it is better than MorphOS or AOS in all areas, I myself have decided where can I do more, commit directly and what has the best chances in the world of today and that is clearly Aros (for me). But that can everybody decide for himself/herself. The question is do we waste time and energy to "prove" each other that the own choice is the "best and only true" or discuss if and where working together is possible?