Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Morph OS license questions  (Read 8913 times)

Description:

Offline SimonV

• Show all replies
    • http://www.amigaclub.be
Re: Morph OS license questions
« on: February 08, 2011, 07:51:54 PM »
Why are some people always ranting about the license ? If you want a free OS, use linux. And don't bother using AROS, because you probably end up ranting it isn't good enough or x86 is evil and that "the" other OS is so much better... blah blah. Boring. We all know the supposed pros and cons, ridiculous ones or not ... we have heard them by now.

Or you support the devs for the work they have done or you just leave it and look elsewhere. OS4, MorphOS, Microsoft, Apple ... work has to be paid. Or do you work for free for your boss ? But going on how bad YOU find the chosen method of licensing again and again... that's just "under the belt"

If your machine is broken, they are ready to listen. And I know that because it happened to myself. If you want another machine for whatever reason ... fine, sell the old one with the license. I did it with my Efika and I really had no trouble at all getting rid of that (in my opinion) little piece of cr*p.

About the tax .. what's that 20 euro ? Stay away from the booze for a weekend or quit smoking... or maybe they can work with a reseller for licences in the USA, Australia, ...

Long story short ... if you still like using your A1200 or A4000 and you still pump money in it, you sure can afford an old powermac and a MorphOS license and you will like that also.

Offline SimonV

• Show all replies
    • http://www.amigaclub.be
Re: Morph OS license questions
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 12:40:02 PM »
Could the MAC adresses of transfered licences be ruled out in OS-updates ? Or some automatic update that disables it as soon as it goes online ?