Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Morph OS license questions  (Read 8890 times)

Description:

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show all replies
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
Re: Morph OS license questions
« on: February 03, 2011, 09:21:51 PM »
Only thing I do find offputting about this licensing scheme is the fact that once my Mini arrives and I reg Morph, if I enjoy the OS - chances are high to guaranteed I'll end up buying a more powerful PPC Mac in the future as Morph brings out support for them.  It'd be nice to be able to decommission the mini MorphOS license and transfer it to another machine, but if this is possible with the current methods MorphOS uses, I haven't found any info on it.

Hell, I'd even pay a license transfer fee rather than buy a whole new OS copy, considering once the Mini is replaced I'll likely either sell it with Mac OS/Linux on it and never use MorphOS on it again myself.  I don't have an issue with the OS locked to one specific bit of hardware via MAC addresses or other methods, it's just bothersome to have to shell out cash for another copy rather than be able to transfer the key from another machine to a newer/better one if the lower end one that's entirely not being used is outright decommissioned.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:23:59 PM by Duce »