Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Morph OS license questions  (Read 8907 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Morph OS license questions
« on: February 02, 2011, 09:50:13 PM »
YIKES... well bang goes my interest in MorphOS... :(

I didn't realise you needed a licence for it and all that malarky, I thought you just purchased it and it was yours to use as you see fit (and I don't mean pirating it)... :(

Oh well, guess that saves me looking for another Mac now... shame really... :(

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 10:05:48 PM »
Quote from: runequester;611933
Franko > You can use it for free, but my understanding is it slows down after a 30 minute period, requiring a reboot.

Piru > Are there any central update option, ala synaptic, or are updates and patches installed by hand ?

I don't mind paying for it but when it comes to being told things like you need to prove your machine is broken, when you sell your machine you need to take it off etc... then I'm afraid that's a big No No to me... :(

If I pay for something I expect to be able to do with it as I please and not be told what I can and can't do with it... :(

Nothing against MorphOS as I was really getting very interested in it but when it comes to that kind on stuff then I'd rather not bother... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 10:42:23 PM »
@ zylesae

I was (possibly still am) looking to try MorphOS for myself but when it comes to these licence things then I have my doubts. It's nothing to do with money as I would be quite happy to pay if I found that I liked it. However you do say it has an evaluation period so that sound good to me... :)

(interest re-kindled... :))

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 04:03:08 PM »
Quote from: kolla;612140
Well, use whatever excuses you like. At the end of the day, the license issue is the final straw for quite a few of us. And, OS4 is not tied to the hardware.

I'd still like to give it try using the trial period but these licence things really bug me, if for example I can't transfer the licence to a another machine if I decide to buy another computer then there is no way I'd purchase a licence... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 04:32:13 PM »
Quote from: pVC;612146
You have been given many options. My advice is to buy good enough machine which you aren't going to give up anytime soon. Or get some dirt cheap test machine before buying proper one for registration.

That sounds like good advice to me... cheers... :)