Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So how is MorphOS?  (Read 9710 times)

Description:

Offline zurt

• Show all replies
Re: So how is MorphOS?
« on: June 09, 2010, 07:25:26 AM »
Quote from: amiga92570;537249
It runs on newer hardware!

From a realistic point of view, I don't think that Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Efika, eMac or PPC MiniMac are modern hardware.

Sorry. :-)
zurt

AmigaOS user since 1989
MorphOS user since 2003

Offline zurt

• Show all replies
Re: So how is MorphOS?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 07:24:08 AM »
Quote from: DaNi;563677
... and sam, amigaone and all hardware only os4 is modern? Macmini is now the fastest "amiga" possible, g4 1,5ghz on ebay is for 300euros aprox. Sam and similar os4 machines you need to pay a lot of more money (complete sam machine = 800euros) and have a lot of less power, compared to mac mini
New amigaone x1000 = more than 1200euros? bahhh this is new hardware with this money?
And the best, Morphos is much faster and stable than os4 (and more compatible legacy)

Of course they aren't modern. Even the not yet released AmigaOne X1000 has obsolete specifications before birth.

From a commercial point of view, people cannot consider an operating system serious if the only option they have to run it is by buying an old second hand computer from an eBayer located at Manchukuo (MorphOS or AmigaOS4), or by paying an absurd amount of money for a "new" piece of hardware (AmigaOS4).

Fortunately, most Amigans are realistic and nobody treats these operating systems as serious ones, they just are categorised as "Hobby Operating Systems" and that is what they are meant to be.

Anyway, being tied to obsolete hardware seems to be a penitence that every Amigan must accomplish for the forgiveness of him or her sins.

PS: I am pro-MorphOS and AROS.

Cheers.
zurt

AmigaOS user since 1989
MorphOS user since 2003