Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PPC classic apps on morphos 2.4?  (Read 4144 times)

Description:

Offline dreamcast270mhzTopic starter

• Show only replies by dreamcast270mhz
PPC classic apps on morphos 2.4?
« on: December 20, 2009, 11:54:07 PM »
Can Morphos run classic amiga apps like ifusion ppc and wipeout 2097 on mac mini port as it stands? The reason I ask is I have a friend who has these and wanted to sell them or give them to me, but only if i could use them. I may be getting a mac mini g4 so I wanted to know if I could use these on it.
My machines:
PowerMac G4 MDD 1.5ghz 1.25GB 10.5.8 & MOS 2.7
Mac Mini C2D 10.6.8 2GHz 3GB 250GB HDD
MacBook Retina 16GB 256GB SSD 10.8
iPad 2
Underground Gamer invites (a classic game site) PM

Need a part for a PC or Mac? PM me, I\'ll let you know if I come across it.

OS X trumps Windows on every level.

MorphOS, OS4 and Classic Amiga systems are the only ones who are real \'Amigas\', not that joke AROS or Amiga Forever.

Offline Christian Johansson

• Show only replies by Christian Johansson
Re: PPC classic apps on morphos 2.4?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 01:05:24 AM »
I doubt iFusion works (but if you use a Mac you can run MacOS native) :), but i suppose WipeOut 2097 should (use the MOS-patch which fixes som bad coding).

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 01:25:32 AM »
Quote from: dreamcast270mhz;534651
Can Morphos run classic amiga apps like ifusion ppc and wipeout 2097 on mac mini port as it stands? The reason I ask is I have a friend who has these and wanted to sell them or give them to me, but only if i could use them. I may be getting a mac mini g4 so I wanted to know if I could use these on it.

Yes, MorphOS2.4 runs most Amiga Powerup and Warpup PPC programs without any modifications.  As the other poster mentioned, there are some badly coded apps and games that may need some kind of patch to run smoothly, but most do not, as MorphOS was designed from the start to be compatible with older Powerup and Warpup coded programs.

As for the iFusion program, I think there is some problem keeping it from working properly, but I have not wasted the time to look into what it might be.  I own a copy of it and have tried to install it on my Efika months ago.  I don't remember the results because I stopped the effort as I could not find my old MacOS7.5.5 disks and even if I could, I was not sure how I was going to get them loaded into my Efika.  What is needed is a MacOS8 or higher CD/DVD to attempt the install.  Now that I have my Efika up for sale and I am using a 1.5GHz G4 MacMini, it seems useless to use iFusion to run any MacOS, as I can easily have a dual boot of MorphOS2.4 and MacOSX Tiger, or Leopard on the same computer that will work much better than any Mac emulation using iFusion or any other Mac emulator on the Amiga.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline dreamcast270mhzTopic starter

• Show only replies by dreamcast270mhz
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 01:42:42 AM »
yeah... you have a point... I'll see if I can get the wipeout game, man it is the best port. I really like MOS now that it has cheap, available hardware, whereas previously I liked os4, but now, i'm a blue, not a red.  :)
My machines:
PowerMac G4 MDD 1.5ghz 1.25GB 10.5.8 & MOS 2.7
Mac Mini C2D 10.6.8 2GHz 3GB 250GB HDD
MacBook Retina 16GB 256GB SSD 10.8
iPad 2
Underground Gamer invites (a classic game site) PM

Need a part for a PC or Mac? PM me, I\'ll let you know if I come across it.

OS X trumps Windows on every level.

MorphOS, OS4 and Classic Amiga systems are the only ones who are real \'Amigas\', not that joke AROS or Amiga Forever.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 02:58:49 AM »
Quote from: dreamcast270mhz;534664
yeah... you have a point... I'll see if I can get the wipeout game, man it is the best port. I really like MOS now that it has cheap, available hardware, whereas previously I liked os4, but now, i'm a blue, not a red.  :)

try not to take sides and enjoy both. I like MorphOS best too but both systems are good now.

The developers fight enough that we don't need users joining too.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)