Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS 2.4 + Efika = RAM Gone?!?!  (Read 5610 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: MorphOS 2.4 + Efika = RAM Gone?!?!
« on: November 30, 2009, 10:04:39 AM »
I am having the same problem with MorphOS2.4 on my Efika using twice the memory than 2.3 did right after booting, with no applications running.  I have re-installed the OS a few times now, but have not been able to track down the problem yet.  I had thought that when I first installed MorphOS2.4, I actually had MORE RAM available right after booting my Efika, but I can't seem to get back to that configuration.

Fab, could using the G4 MacMini version of the MorphOS2.4 iso instead of the file download option during the Efika installation process make a difference?  I mean maybe some of the files needed to make MorphOS2.4 work on the G4 MacMini are being loaded into memory on my Efika and this explains the use of RAM with my current MorphOS2.4 install on my Efika.

The download during the install process can sometimes take so long that the OS times out during the installation, if I am doing a clean install and not an upgrade from MorphOS2.3, so instead of doing the download of MorphOS2.4, I have pointed to the iso file that I used to install MorphOS2.4 on my G4 MacMini.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)