Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS 2.2 Registration  (Read 6416 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: MorphOS 2.2 Registration
« on: June 03, 2009, 08:17:07 PM »
Quote from: hooligan;508989
Isn't this the wrong forum? I would suspect you will get more attention at MorphZone.

Except for the fact that all the best Amiga (and MorphOS users) hang out here most of the time.;)

A.org ROCKS!
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: MorphOS 2.2 Registration
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 06:13:48 PM »
Quote from: hooligan;511491
I thought after several days of waiting it WAS time to contact the devs.

Yes, I don't think anyone was disputing that you were wrong in directing the original poster to MorphZone as a better place to find the MOS developers, but there are a lot of MorphOS users on A.org as well that could answer how long it took them to get a response from the dev team telling the OP how to pay for the registration and thereby get his keyfile sent to him.

So, in this case I think everyone was contributing helpful or positive comments, but with differing points of view. Not right or wrong.

@koaftder,
You trouble maker!  That comment is sure to get the MorphOS Dev Team's attention and I think it is a rotten thing to suggest that it is easy, or even possible to circumvent the registration process for MorphOS and thereby suggest getting full use without paying for the registration.  It is very generous of the MorphOS Dev Team to offer a time limited version for everyone to test for free, so I would hate to think of users abusing it by trying to "figure out what 4 bytes to patch to get around it anyway".  So I hope you were only joking about knowing how to pirate MorphOS.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 06:22:18 PM by amigadave »
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)