Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: For sale, and help! Amiga computers, monitors and shipping costs?  (Read 2226 times)

Description:

Offline haywirepcTopic starter

• Show only replies by haywirepc
Does anyone know how much it costs to ship a 1084 amiga monitor in the united states?

What about an amiga 500 in an amiga 500 box?

An amiga 2000?

An amiga 1000?

I'm trying to get some ideas so I know how much to charge. Still clearing out the amiga horde. Looking to sell 1 amiga 500 with 2.x roms and super buster, 1 amiga 1000 with 2 meg sidecar and extra external floppy, and one amiga 2000 with I believe 1.2 roms. All working or where when last used.

I also have a 1084, a thompson color monitor and an original 1000 monitor.

Taking offers on this stuff via pm.
Will ship US only. Will charge actual shipping or a close estimate once I know what that is. Paypal only.

Thanks,

Steven
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:11:33 AM by haywirepc »

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Re: For sale, and help! Amiga computers, monitors and shipping costs?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:25:27 AM »
I know the US Postal Service will let you figure your own shipping at home.  All you need is the weight of the package and the box dimensions.

So if you were trying to figure the monitor, stand on a scale with and w/o monitor, get the difference, add about 5lbs. for shipping material and then measure the box's dimensions.

Rinse, repeat for other items. ;)

That's how I figured several of my heavier items for shipping...
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;646764
Does anyone know how much it costs to ship a 1084 amiga monitor in the united states?

What about an amiga 500 in an amiga 500 box?

An amiga 2000?

An amiga 1000?

I'm trying to get some ideas so I know how much to charge. Still clearing out the amiga horde. Looking to sell 1 amiga 500 with 2.x roms and super buster, 1 amiga 1000 with 2 meg sidecar and extra external floppy, and one amiga 2000 with I believe 1.2 roms. All working or where when last used.

I also have a 1084, a thompson color monitor and an original 1000 monitor.

Taking offers on this stuff via pm.
Will ship US only. Will charge actual shipping or a close estimate once I know what that is. Paypal only.

Thanks,

Steven

Do you have a model number or a pic of the Thomson monitor? There is a specific Thomson monitor from around 85/86 I am after.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 03:02:30 PM »
The back of the thompson color monitor says " Thompson 4120 color monitor" Lower it says Thompson 4120 chasis scm1 40859. - Also has a sticker that says manufactured july 1987, so it may not be the exact one your looking for. I can tell you that its the crispest amiga monitor I ever had. Worlds above the 1084 for picture quality, and its working perfectly. - Steven

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 03:07:46 PM »
Surprizingly, I've had zero offers for any of these computers or montors, so it may be off to ebay after I figure out a fair shipping price for the computers and monitors.

Pm me now before they are off to ebay. I will sell each computer and monitor at very reasonable prices, and charge only about actual shipping charges. I'd like to see this stuff go to amiga fans.

Steven

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 03:11:21 PM »
Also worthy of mention, the amiga 500 will be shipped in its original box. The 1084 also has an original box. The rest must be shipped in regular boxes as I don't have those.