Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kanet updates GEOS Megapatch, geoDOS 64, GeoConvert  (Read 5340 times)

Description:

Offline Motormouth

Re: Kanet updates GEOS Megapatch, geoDOS 64, GeoConvert
« on: May 01, 2019, 01:38:39 AM »
I was going to post a new topic about MP3.3, but RobertB already beat me to it.

@RobertB your post is very complete.  Markus is up to MP3.3r5 in both English and German. And has further versions in experimental builds in German.

I tested the C64 version with the Turbo Chameleon 64 and it works very very well.
The TC64 with its 6510 accelerator and both REU, GeoRam emulation, and two emulated 1541 drives is a match made in heaven for a C64 user and modern GEOS builds.

Also I tested the c128 version in a C128D with two extra 1571s and a GGLABs geoRAM clone (which can currently be purchased with up to 4 megs of ram).   It works very well.

Note that this release does not include a DESKTOP manager. You need a DESKTOP application like DESKTOP (from GEOS 2.x), DualTop (my preferred DE), TOPDESK (used by many German users...) or GeoDOS (an GEOS application developed and updated in 2018 by myself).

One other thing for English users, if you want to use TopDesk, which I personally prefer.  TopDesk 4.1 is on the original MP3.3 disks (not the later revisions of MP3.3rX).
The English version of MP3.3 has the English version of TopDesk 4.1.

I cannot seem to find newer versions of TopDesk above 3.2 in English anywhere else.  How about anyone else?