Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (Non Amiga related) My PC keeps blue screening when I play a certain game.  (Read 1695 times)

Description:

Offline tokyoracerTopic starter

• Show all replies
Hi there,
I recently dug deep and forked out for the Half Life Orange Box set and as the demo's always worked fine on here I thought that the game should work ok too. It seems that isn't true in this case.
Every time I start the first Half Life 2 game it emidiately locks up my pc, blue screen and a distorted sound flollowed quickly by a long beep from the speekers (possibly as I turned off the auto reset option). A serious error it seems of some sort but it desplays no text. I tried running it on the very plain 2nd hard drive (slave FAT32) but all that happens is it just resets itself (auto-reset is on I presume).
I'm starting to think it's my PSU but it has only done it on this game.

Any ideas? :-(

• Show all replies
Turns out I needed older ATI drivers. Why the hell it isnt complatible with newer ones is beyond me. Fixed now so thanks for the help.

• Show all replies
True but I feel ATI still offers far more performance to money ratio then nvidia. Granted, nvidia drivers are better but when the ATI ones work they are super cards. Besides, they are owned by AMD and that means theres nothing going towards M$ which is a good enough reason to get one anyway in my opinion.