Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: X-Arcade on Amiga?  (Read 11043 times)

Description:

Offline Nlandas

• Show all replies
Re: X-Arcade on Amiga?
« on: January 23, 2008, 06:21:36 PM »

bertambala wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it would be possible to get the X-Arcade (X-Aracde Two Player) to work with the Amiga.  It operates as a PC keyboard sending the signal through a cable ending with a male DB-9 connector, and from there is connected to a USB converter for use with my Mac.  I know they sell separate adaptors to use this controller with the XBox, PS2, and Gamecube, but I thought it would be rather nice to use it with my miggy.

Any ideas on how I could build a converter box to use this for two player games?  Getting two buttons per person functionality would be great, though I'd even settle for one.  Thanks in advance!

I might be oversimplifying but it says it doesn't require drivers for most OSs because it works as a standard keyboard. Since it has an adapter to go USB, wouldn't a USB card for your Amiga allow you to use it as a keyboard. The last I looked most standard USB keyboards were supported.

It's worth a try anyway. Of course, you need an Amiga USB card and a $200USD tankstick to try it out.

If it works, let me know, I'll be buying a tankstick this year for my Retro-Arcade project.

-Nyle :-D
I think, Therefore - Amiga....

Offline Nlandas

• Show all replies
Re: X-Arcade on Amiga?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 07:08:01 PM »

mahen wrote:
Of course, it probably works out-of-the-box, thanks to the USB adapter, with the Poseidon USB stack (among others)...

But what we are looking for is a way to use it with classic Amiga games, that is to say, direct hardware banging pieces of software. (no USB stack, then ;)

Ah, I thought you wanted to use it with MAME - since you just said two players games my brain interpreted that as being with MAME.

For Amiga games I just love the old Atari Joysticks so I've never looked for a controller for that since Amiga uses them directly.

I burn some brain cells on this but I'd imagine it'd need a driver.

-Nyle
I think, Therefore - Amiga....