Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SAMs 440/460  (Read 9852 times)

Description:

Offline TheGoose

• Show all replies
    • http://www.amiga.org/forums/blog.php?u=827
Re: SAMs 440/460
« on: January 25, 2011, 04:02:13 PM »
Quote from: yakumo9275;608939
I notice sams are out of stock everywhere. Any have updates on the 460ex??

I sold some junk on ebay now I'm like mmmm save up for a 460ex to play with or buy another upper receiver and build a new FN-FAL...

I had thought the 460ex was going to hit in january some time...

Ya know, that is interesting. People boast "I won't pay that money for outdated hardware. blah blah..." Yet, they are gone! Sold out, they could have made more money but there is not enough product for the demand. Maybe an over estimation.

Still, there appears to be some discrepancy in what Amiga users say they will pay and what they actually do.
G1200, A3000D, A1200 PPC AOS4.0C

I\'m on Google +

Offline TheGoose

• Show all replies
    • http://www.amiga.org/forums/blog.php?u=827
Re: SAMs 440/460
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 03:06:28 PM »
Quote from: Dwyloc;608984
I think its more that there is a number of loud mouthed non-amiga  users (people that would never purchase a new amiga), then there us real Amiga users who put our money were our mouths are and buy Amiga products that meet our needs.

The questions I asked myself before purchasing my sam440 Amiga and OS4.1 was would it be faster than my existing Amiga solution and did the price seem fare for what I would be getting and the amount of use I would get out of it.  I decided the answer was yes to both questions and made my purchase which I am still happy with today a few years later.

My reaction to the Sams at first was all good. I just wish they were more reasonable in price. With OS4, well uh - working, they could have grabbed a much larger audience. Instead, they price themselves away from a whole other layer of consumers, oh well, sure it has all been said before around here.
G1200, A3000D, A1200 PPC AOS4.0C

I\'m on Google +