Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Amiga Book  (Read 433 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_H

Re: The Amiga Book
« on: September 21, 2015, 04:48:16 AM »
The reprint/revised edition has hit the shelves here (in stores that carry these kinds of things) in the USA. My local Micro Center has seven or eight copies. And I have one, too :)

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 05:00:49 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;796043
I looked at my local Microcenter for this a couple weeks ago but couldn't find it, and it's not listed on their website.  Was it in the books section?  Not that I like Microcenter, but I still remember back in the day when they used to sell copies of Amiga Format and other mags, and kind of wanted to support them out of nostalgia.  :(

I got the sense that it had pretty much just arrived, so if you go back it'll probably be there. Yes, it was the books/magazines section.

Micro Center's inventory management of magazines is quite poor. They also sometimes carry a photography magazine that I like (another UK import), but their stock is highly irregular and it's never listed online. The only way to know what they have is to go there. Fortunately for me I live very close by :)

I do miss the good old days when they had stacks upon stacks of Amiga mags...

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 12:32:51 PM »
Also, for anyone buying in person, the revised edition looks almost identical to the original on the exterior. The things to look for are the words "Revised Edition" on the spine and "Issue 1R" on the front near the barcode.