Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: In your opinion which was the best and the worst thing that Commodore did to the Amiga?  (Read 4470 times)

Description:

Offline KingTutt

• Show all replies
There are so many what if stories with regard to Amiga. To the avid fan, its sheer heart ache reliving the what if scenarios. What if Amiga got marketed right. What if they released AAA and then Hombre. What if C= was more profitable and never went under. What if this and what if that.

Well times change, sure these what if cases, really did matter at some point. But right now Amiga should focus on the here and now. It finds itself in interesting times. On the one hand, one might say that in a time when pc sales are at its lowest and the IT industry is again suffering a slump, why would you launch another platform? Others might argue, with Palladium around the corner, and free computing being encroached more and more... why not? 64bit computing is just around the corner and Amiga would be wise to jump onto the PPC 970 chipset as soon as it can. OS5 should also be Amigas primary focus after the OS4.xx finish their run.

True 64 is the way to go for the long run. In a time when Intel and AMD are painfully trying to make the transition to 64bit chips, Amiga has the advantage of coming into the fray unhindered by legacy support issues.
If I said I was the best you would think I am boasting. But if I said I was not, then you KNOW I am lying! ~Bruce Lee.