Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: In your opinion which was the best and the worst thing that Commodore did to the Amiga?  (Read 4484 times)

Description:

Offline Aegis

• Show all replies
    • http://www.survivorfilms.co.uk
Best: releasing a cut-down, low-cost home/hobbyist Amiga (A500) which got the platform widely adopted on the strength of its market for games.

Worst: releasing a cut-down, low-cost home/hobbyist Amiga games machine (A500) which decimated the Amiga's reputation as a professional hardware platform.

Oh, and spending all that moolah on setting up a PC division when they could have been finishing AA/AAA was sheer madness...
Catapultem habeo. Nisi pecuniam amnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Offline Aegis

• Show all replies
    • http://www.survivorfilms.co.uk
MS would have made their Operating Systems and Apps for the Amiga. Right now, there'd be two groups of people - those running AmigaOS on their Amigas and those running WinXP Pro on their Amigas.

You really think anyone would have bought Windows for the Amiga? Nah - Microsoft would've been writing Amiga Visual Basic, Digita would have the premiere office suite (or maybe Wordperfect) 'cause Microsoft wouldn't have made enough moolah to buy Excel and Access and Motorola would've made so much cash we'd all have 3ghz PPC's (or Coldfires or 68100's) in our Porsche designed aluminium anniversary "Boing" ball Amigas. Adobe would be writing plugins for TVPaint and ImageFX, Jay Miner would have been cryogenically frozen so that Amiga technology could bring him back to life in the future AND received a posthumous oscar picked up by NewTek for services to the motion picture industry and of course there'd be world peace 'cause we'd all be playing Bitmap Brothers games in universal harmony...

Gawd - reality sucks...
Catapultem habeo. Nisi pecuniam amnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.