Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OMG - he's at it again!  (Read 8032 times)

Description:

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
Re: eBay policies and such
« on: October 22, 2006, 09:43:14 PM »
As a small-time seller myself, I accept ONLY PayPal.  Why?  Because it's extremely easy.  To me, it's worth the small percentage charged to know that I have money available to me immediately.

If you think about it, it's not really a jack or a scam.  I pay for the service which allowed me to sell the item, and I pay a percentage on the immediate transfer of funds (as any merchant would for the same.)  Since I have a PayPal debit card, I have access to my money as soon as the item is paid for.  I generally also only charge the real UPS or USPS shipping price, unless it's an item which is a real PITA to box and ship which has happened only once in my recollection.

But it is correct to say there are plenty of people who follow a not-so-fair set of rules, and I simply just don't buy from them, regardless of how bad I *want* what they are selling.  Because, no matter what, I don't *need* any item on eBay back enough to compromise my principles.

Again as a seller, I find no reason not to accept PayPal as a payment method.  But then, the only problem I have ever had with PayPal was $36 I lost to a jerk in NY over a cell phone.  In short, I bought a SonyEricsson T62u and received a T61z.  I filed a "did not receive item" complaint, but they dismissed my claim when he showed them a shipping ID -- I should have filed it as "not as advertised."

In this case it turned out to be great fun for two months as I managed to get his new personal information from another scorned seller and began calling (abusing) him and asking him about my $36 anytime I had a bad day.  :devildance:

I digress.  I prefer to pay with PayPal, and anyone who does not accept it does not get my money.  RetroGeek doesn't accept PayPal, and from what I have read I conclude that is a Good Thing(tm).

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
Re: eBay policies and such
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 09:50:47 PM »
Why?