Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any interest in building an Amiga.org development team?  (Read 4469 times)

Description:

Offline JetRacer

• Show only replies by JetRacer
Re: Any interest in building an Amiga.org development team?
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 23, 2003, 12:14:25 AM »
mdma: That's a CV I respect; "I was fired from my last gig".

:-)
*Zap! Zap!* Ha! Take that! *Kabooom!* Hey, that\'s not fair!

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2003, 01:44:02 AM »
@JetRacer

mdma: That's a CV I respect; "I was fired from my last gig".

No, I really did have an "accident".  I got the #### kicked out of me in august 2001. Lost my memory for a while and I have permanent retina damage.  Still waiting for my criminal injuries and loss of earnings payout.  Then i'll by an A1 and a Peg II.  :-)

Offline lorddef

• Show only replies by lorddef
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2003, 02:17:04 AM »
Yeh I'm interested Wayne, I'll do my bit, I'm not the one to lead such a development though.  I use PHP for my personal site, but its nothing really complex, sure I can help.
Restraining orders are just another way of saying I love you!

Offline Nightcrawler

• Show only replies by Nightcrawler
    • http://www.amerikanskbulldog.no
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2003, 03:18:34 PM »
Hi. I'm currently unemployed so I have all the time in the world and would like to help out. I have very little experience with Php, and prolly won't be of much practical use there, but I know a bit about security and such. If I could sort of tag along and help with what I know? I'd also like to learn more about practical implementation of php/ so on, as books and online courses usually teach how to code crap :-P

Please?  :-D
\\"There are still places where people think that the function of the media is to provide information.\\"
 -- Don Rottenberg--

Offline markbond

• Show only replies by markbond
    • http://www.icestarmedia.com
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2003, 05:29:59 PM »
Wayne,

I dont know how much time I'm going to have (what with learning Java and Oracle at the moment as well as a full time job and helping my wife with her business), but I have done a fair bit of PHP and MYSQL work, so would be very interested in helping out where I can.

Mark
For custom designed applications, websites, ecommerce and secure hosting visit:

www.icestarmedia.com

Offline elendil

• Show only replies by elendil
    • http://www.idiot.fnuck.dk
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2003, 06:42:20 PM »
Heya,

I would like to (and is able too in all modesty :)) bug check / bug fix, if such is needed along the way.

I would not be of much use code-wise as I know too little about the 'new' standards and stuff, and I would have too little time, but I am decent at spotting obvious errors and butt-ugly code.

Sincerely,

-Kenneth Straarup.

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2003, 06:50:10 PM »
Thank you one and all for the renewed interest in this subject.  Please note however that for the time being, all development aside from the layout part of the existing site has been temporarily shelved.

We consider this a prudent decision based on the question of whether or not to devote the hundreds of hours necessary to design a new system around the current Amiga situation.

Until the current Amiga situation improves, we simply feel that the time and effort required to write, test, and convert the existing structure could be best used for other Internet adventures.

I personally own 18 or so domains, so perhaps I'll give one of those a try.