Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Downloading Large ADF Files onto Floppy ???  (Read 1997 times)

Description:

Offline Spyros

• Show all replies
Re: Downloading Large ADF Files onto Floppy ???
« on: June 20, 2003, 09:25:18 PM »
It would be easy if you bought a Null Modem cable to connect your Amiga to your PC. The you could transfer files using Dreamterm for example. As far as ADFBlitzer is concerned I think it was the WRITE option that wrote the image to the floppy. Why don't you read the instructions? You will definately find a description of the program's functions there.

If you want to copy a file from the disk image to your HD you could try the unadf program which if I remember correctly has such an option. Open a shell and type unadf ? to get a list of the keywords you can use with it. Even better read the instructions.

A better way to copy files from adf to your HD is to use a program called diskimage. That's the one I use. It enables you to use an adf as a normal floppy disk (It appears on your Workbench as a normal disk). You will have to copy the DI0 DI1 etc files from the archive to Devs:DosDrivers/. The devices that are for adfs are DI2 and DI3. Then you can use the program called DiskimageCtrl to insert adfs to the virtual drives. The manhunter adf will appear on your workbench as if it was a normal disk. You can copy files from it or run the game from the diskimage.

I am sorry I didn't give percise instructions as you requested. If this didn't help give a description of your Amiga (CPU, RAM HD? etc) and I will try to help.