Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Downloading Large ADF Files onto Floppy ???  (Read 1996 times)

Description:

Offline X-SAS-HighlanderTopic starter

• Show all replies
Downloading Large ADF Files onto Floppy ???
« on: June 20, 2003, 07:20:57 PM »
Hi all . OK I got adf Blitzer to run now im wanting some adf files for it to convert. On the amiga classic site i spotted an adventure called Manhunter which is downlaodable in two segment both of which fit on floppy in a zip file. My problem is i cant get lha to recognize a .zip extension and if i unzip the file first on my pc the file is then two big to fit on an amige MS_Dos formatted floppy. I tryed to use a PC floppy and formatted it in PC2: drive on my amiga but then pc wont recogize it in its floppy drive. ? Any ideas or suggestions ?

• Show all replies
Re: Downloading Large ADF Files onto Floppy ???
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 07:46:48 PM »
Is it downloadable from aminet? And does it fit on a floppy ! :-)

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 08:04:03 PM »
Thanks and Thanks :-)

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 08:48:14 PM »
Umm im stuck again. Ive now got unzip working and ive got  the 2 files unziped and ready to convert from adf. Now ADF_Blitzer has 2 options. Read or Write. Nither seem to do anything. How do i convert what ive got into an exicutable file so i can play the game ? Im getting bogged down with learning all this and i only want to have the skilz to play the game. Im beginning to remember why i shifted to the pc :-( Can someone give me precise/specific instructions in an orderly structure for me to follow so that i can download the files from clasic amiga and play them on my amiga ? Sorry for being such a gurn im just tired as ive been at this all day and still no fun  :boohoo:

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 10:49:38 PM »
Thabks Guys. I finally got it to work. Easy when you know how :-) Put a lot of effort into this and i got a new game now for my amiga called Manhunter on floppy. What a bag o ####e it is though :-( Oh well least i know now for the future. BTW the http://www.classicamiga.com/games_n.php website is trying to make available downloads and reviews of virtually every amiga game published so why not give the guy a hand and post some reviews or better still send him some adf files of the games in your collection.