Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "http://amiga.resource.cx" Gets on DOWN.....  (Read 2793 times)

Description:

Offline CatHerder

• Show all replies
Re: "http://amiga.resource.cx" Gets on DOWN.....
« on: December 19, 2005, 04:28:13 AM »
I just want to offer both Amiga-hardware.com and amiga.resource.cx a mirror on my server if either one wants.

It would be a shame to lose all Amiga hardware sites for any reason, and since I own a web development firm and have the space and bandwidth, I don't see any problem with using the AmigaDeals.com domain name as a mirror site for both of these if either are interested. (I have ~90GB a month worth of bandwidth I could spare without issue for this)

Of, if you'd prefer I could just toss up a new domain along the lines of Amiga"something", a quick check says these .com's are available: AmigaSite, AmigaDirect, SuperAmiga, BestAmiga, AmigaRom, AmigaDownload, AmigaWorkbench, RomAmiga, TheAmigaMia, YourAmigaEmu, AmigaKickStart, TheAmigaEmulator, CommodoreAmigaSite, etc...

resource.amigadeals.com and hardware.amigadeals.com would take 2 seconds to set up and not all that long to ftp all the contents up (if you're hosted on a linux box I could directly ftp the contents of your sites from my server, or you could just do an archive (backup) to my server's IP and I could untar it there).

Give me a holler if either of you are interested. You'd both have your own ftp/shell/etc access to the server and could run whatever mirror scripts crons etc you need or want. I wouldn't have any hand in managing the content it would be entirely up to you. (Can also use whatever mySQL or Postgre you need if any.)

I don't know if there's any sort of goodnatured competition between the two sites, but I do know I've used both of them many many (many) times to find solutions to issues I've had or to identify (wtf is this thing?) hardware I have. :-)

To repay you both in someway would be great.
[color=000099]CatHerder[/color][/i]
Go Graphical Website Design is what I do.
My eBay World <- Amiga swag, if any.