Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amibay registration  (Read 5852 times)

Description:

Offline SpeedGeek

Re: Amibay registration
« on: July 23, 2015, 01:55:31 PM »
This is just an automated message so don't take it personally. Just contact the Admins and your registration should get resolved.

Amibay has had issues with banned members setting up alias accounts, spammers and hackers attacking the site. Unfortunately, their automated system can't always tell the difference between legitimate and illegitimate new user accounts.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 01:57:42 PM by SpeedGeek »

Offline SpeedGeek

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 01:59:48 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;793200
if you aren't able to reach the site admins via email, some of them are members on this site. you might try and PM fitzsteve here, although he hasn't logged on in a week or so. maybe he's on holiday somewhere and that's why you haven't gotten a reply yet?

-- eliyahu

fitzsteve is no longer a member of Amibay (his account was closed at his own request).

Quote from: Marcin1982;793198
do you have ban or old login ? amibay have hard rules about that !
this is not normal forum group discussion , this is small markt old retro computers there have to be honesty first place

Yes, Amibay has lots of rules, and it's the most common reason why some have issues with site. But you don't have to accept these rules and you don't have to proceed with account registration.

I have little sympathy for the whiners and complainers who never should have proceeded with account registration in the first place.

Offline SpeedGeek

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 01:41:15 PM »
Quote from: AJCopland;793282
Erm, I don't have an old account and I haven't even had a chance to break any rules yet so was this directed at me?

I get banning people for doing something wrong but how can I be banned for registering?

Hopefully it will get sorted.

Andy

Why do you think it's directed at you when it was a reply to the Marcin1962 post?

It's already been explained to you that the Amibay security system will auto-ban any new account registration under certain circumstances. Why is this so hard to understand?

Offline SpeedGeek

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 02:19:14 PM »
@Thread

The auto-system generated banned message you read when your new registration attempt fails is really intended for banned members trying to create alias accounts, not for new members who's registration fails because they provided incorrect information or their location doesn't match their IP address.

...and these are the most common reason's why new registrations fail! ;)

So, don't take it personally! :)

Just be patient and provide your user name/account to admin@amibay.com.

Note: It may take some time and several attempts because only a few senior members of the Amibay moderating staff can approve failed registrations.