Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: -Mas-Player MP3 Decoder Issues  (Read 921 times)

Description:

Offline DrummerboyTopic starter

• Show only replies by Drummerboy
-Mas-Player MP3 Decoder Issues
« on: November 21, 2013, 03:53:43 AM »
Hello,

The Mas-Player MP3 decoder looks like interesting device,  but I still have a Doubt, you know, for example, if i dont listening any MP3 music, and just i want play any game, or hear .Mod Music i will need disconnect the Mas-player from the Parallel port, or the Native Amiga Sound Chip (Paula) will output from the Mas-Player Audio Outputs?

Someone have the Mas-player and know about this?. And wich is your opinion about the device performance?. Problems, limititations?.

Regards
Amiga 1000, 500, 600, 2000, 1200, 4000...

C= VIC 20 / 64 /SX64/ 128

Atari 600XL (SIC Cartdridge)
Atari 800XL (SIO2SD unit)

Jay Miner`s Atari 2600 - Wood front -

\\"Amiga, this Computer have a Own Live\\"--\\"Silence When the Drums are Talking\\".... DrummerBoy

Offline danbeaver

Re: -Mas-Player MP3 Decoder Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 06:21:35 AM »
Uh, the mp3 data is fed to the decoder chip in the MAS player device via the parallel port; Paula works independently and feeds her output through the MAS player to the same amplifier that the MAS sends to.  The Paula output is Passed-Thru the player so one needs only one amplifier/speaker input.  One could have both outputs playing at the same time, but I don't know what the point would be.  It is possible to have Paula feed into a sound card like a SB128, then feed the sound card thru the MAS player to the amplifier/speakers so that all possible sound output goes through one input.

The MAS player does its job with all of my mp3's and a minimal work load from the CPU but it does stick out 4 to 5 cm in the back, and the device does not amplify the signal so the output must be amplified before any real volume is noted.  I enjoyed mine a great deal.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 06:28:28 AM by danbeaver »

Offline amigakit

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 08:25:46 AM »
We sell a new version called MAS Player Evolution

This mixes Paula sounds from the Amiga such as mods, game music so you do not need to disconnect the MAS Player.
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline DrummerboyTopic starter

• Show only replies by Drummerboy
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 03:47:52 AM »
Thanks Danbeaver and Amigakit,

Amigakit, you will hear about me in your store soon!

That wanted know about.

Regards
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 03:49:09 AM by Drummerboy »
Amiga 1000, 500, 600, 2000, 1200, 4000...

C= VIC 20 / 64 /SX64/ 128

Atari 600XL (SIC Cartdridge)
Atari 800XL (SIO2SD unit)

Jay Miner`s Atari 2600 - Wood front -

\\"Amiga, this Computer have a Own Live\\"--\\"Silence When the Drums are Talking\\".... DrummerBoy

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 04:40:02 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;753201
We sell a new version called MAS Player Evolution

This mixes Paula sounds from the Amiga such as mods, game music so you do not need to disconnect the MAS Player.

That is what I wrote, plus you can use a sound card creatively and mix all three.