Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Not just Blue vs.Red vs.Black.  (Read 2798 times)

Description:

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
Re: Not just Blue vs.Red vs.Black.
« on: November 20, 2012, 10:08:11 PM »
It should be "MorphOS is AmigaOS done right" or "MorphOS is AmigaOS4.x done right" ;-)

:roflmao:

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
Re: Not just Blue vs.Red vs.Black.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 09:17:17 PM »
Who knows what would have been the next gen amiga if not for the downfall. Would have most certainly been powerpc I suppose. 68000 line was at its end.

The problem with powerpc is that although it creates compatibility for old 68k system friendly apps, there is no where to go after powerpc. Its another dead end. People can say whatever they want about some obscure power pc processors still being produced, but its a dead end period.

The original custom chips were amigas greatest strength but also their biggest
problem with moving the platform forward. I think its cool to see different versions of what people think the next gen amiga should be. For me? Thats AROS. - The greatest power for the smallest hardware price.

I hope to see alot more native apps for aros. Its nice to be able to run legacy apps... BUT, You can't use dpaint today. Can't use protracker today,Can't use lightwave today, you need more powerful creative apps that take advantage of available resources.

Aros is becoming more stable, more usable for everyday work slowly but surely. I hope they get over the one core issue and expand the hardware
drivers... Its also spreading out, now available for 68k, arm, x86, powerpc,
and more to come.