Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Commodore USA has my money, I have no computer"  (Read 11232 times)

Description:

Offline ferrellsl

Re: "Commodore USA has my money, I have no computer"
« on: November 26, 2011, 03:02:10 PM »
Quote from: spihunter;668904
Yea sure, it's just one incident. The real shocker here is that someone actually shelled out $1500 for one of these things?. What the hell is wrong with these people?.

The same thing that's wrong with people who will pay $3000 USD for the 7 year old technology in an X1000....it's called stupidity.

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 04:27:14 PM »
Quote from: FaLLeNOnE;669092
I think you are wrong. Those are not the same things.

Think what you will.  Sorry, but I call them like I see them.  There's nothing intelligent about spending $3000 on as-yet unreleased hardware that is based on 2004 technology (beta test hardware aside).  It might make sense if this was an antique business, but this isn't the antique business.  It's about technology.

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 05:19:21 PM »
Quote from: spirantho;669098
@ferrelsl

There's a massive difference between spending  $1500 on a bog standard PC in a pretty case (and not receiving it, it seems) and spending $3000 on low-volume custom hardware.

We know you don't like the X1000 - but calling people stupid just because their priorities are different to yours? Come on.

The X1000 is to some people worth the money. It's not to you, so don't buy it, that's fine. But please appreciate that other people have different priorities - calling them stupid is not the way.

I didn't call anyone stupid.  I said the concept of spending $3000 USD on outdated technology is a stupid concept. And just because something is made in low-volume doesn't justify the high price.  The low-volume might mean that it cost the manufacturer a fortune to produce it, but that doesn't mean the product has the same worth as the production cost.  Companies go out of business all the time for such poor business models....overpriced and underpowered products makes for poor sales, which in the end puts companies out of business.....which is where they belong for producing such crap.