Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So what phone does everyone use?  (Read 11833 times)

Description:

Offline amigakid

• Show only replies by amigakid
Re: So what phone does everyone use?
« Reply #89 from previous page: March 25, 2011, 03:55:49 AM »
I have the Samsung Galaxy S and I love it.  Android all the way.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2011, 04:00:49 AM »
@Kesa

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll decline. I really have very little need for a phone, and when I do get around to getting one again there's specific things Im interested in. Thanks anyway  :)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Jope

« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2011, 06:51:42 AM »
N900. There's nothing better suited for my use in the market.

Offline Amiduffer

• Show only replies by Amiduffer
    • http://www.geocities.com/laverdiereaf/
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2011, 07:17:17 AM »
A plain Verizon Cell phone provided by the office.

For those of you who want to see the original mobile phone put out by Radio Shack back in 1986, I made a video of one I found in a warehouse used by a friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HY219WBCLA
Amiga 3000D UP and running! Hear that clicking. 8)
Amiga 3000D & 4000D in storage sadly.

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2011, 07:23:43 AM »
32 GB iPhone 3 GS.  Very happy with it, especially after jailbreaking it.  No one on the face of the earth enjoys the closed nature of Apple products, but jailbreaking makes the devices a lot nicer to use.  Call quality on it is far from the best, but compared to my last "new" phone (RIM Blackberry Storm), the iPhone is a major upgrade.  Wouldn't wish the Storm on my worst enemy - I found it entirely unusable, it'd lock up/crash just trying to answer a phonecall, lol.

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2011, 07:31:50 AM »
Blackberry Bold. Ball gets dirty. But apart from that all good into its 3rd year.

Offline countzero

• Show only replies by countzero
    • http://blog.coze.org
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2011, 05:33:08 PM »
HTC Desire HD. Awesome phone. Will upgrade the battery soon cause softbank were cheapstakes and put a 1200mAh battery in it. wondering when I'll get gingerbread.
I believe in mt. Fuji

Offline Xanxi

• Show only replies by Xanxi
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2011, 06:36:57 AM »
I have the Android phone HTC Magic. Great phone that suits well my needs for GMail and Google Maps. However, the agenda is crap with Google so i still carry my old Palm for that.
I bought the phone with Android 1.6. Then Google has thrown the 2.1 update and it has become slow unfortunately. I may buy a faster HTC Android phone in a few months.
10 Classic Amiga Computers so far: I have too many computers!!

Offline lauri.lotvonen

• Show only replies by lauri.lotvonen
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2011, 09:32:57 AM »
Quote from: A4000_Mad;624236
I have a Nokia N900 and a Nokia N95, but the one I love using most in my flipping, camcorder-swivelling, big-buttoned brick called a Nokia N93 :)

Gotta love Nokia brick feeling in your hands :lol:... Nokia 9500 user here :)
A1200, Blizzard 1260 + 64mb, Indivision AGA, Subway USB, 8GB CF-HD, PCMCIA network card, OS 3.9.
And a couple of A600\'s :).

Offline mingle

• Show only replies by mingle
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2011, 09:52:20 AM »
Exactly...

I have zero interest in hi-tech mobile phones and I'm far from being a luddite...

As I mentioned, I had an old and very basic mobile, but just never used it.

Mike.

Quote from: motrucker;624425
It's quite possible to be on the edge of some technologies, and not give a flaming fart about another...

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2011, 10:15:50 AM »
Quote from: Amiduffer;624497
A plain Verizon Cell phone provided by the office.

For those of you who want to see the original mobile phone put out by Radio Shack back in 1986, I made a video of one I found in a warehouse used by a friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HY219WBCLA
Ironically I watched this video on my mobile phone... Did you charge it up?

Offline pyrre

« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2011, 10:52:32 AM »
Nokia 6230
Amiga 1200 Tower Os 3.9
BPPC 603e+ 040-25/200, 256MBram, BVIsionPPC, Indivision AGA MK2.
Amiga 2000 (rev 4.0) Os 1.2/1.3
2088 bridgeboard, 2MB ram card, 2091 SCSI.
Amiga 500+ Os 2.1
Derringer 030, 32MBram, Buddha in sidecar, Indivision ECS.
Amiga CD32
Video decoder

Offline nicholas

« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2011, 10:53:19 AM »
Quote from: Xanxi;624775
I have the Android phone HTC Magic. Great phone that suits well my needs for GMail and Google Maps. However, the agenda is crap with Google so i still carry my old Palm for that.
I bought the phone with Android 1.6. Then Google has thrown the 2.1 update and it has become slow unfortunately. I may buy a faster HTC Android phone in a few months.

Google for z4root, install and run it, Reboot.
Install ROM Manager from the market and use it to install ClockworkMod Recovery, then use it to download and install a 2.2/2.3 ROM + Google Apps.

It will back up your old ROM so it's safe.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline AmigaNG

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2011, 11:40:27 AM »
Quote from: Franko;624312
This is not aimed at you personally, it's just my views on these gawd awful device and the effect they've had on society... :(

While i see why you use one from your post, to me that just sums up society today and the lack of real communication between people these days... :(

Im mean in 47 years I've never got so lost that I would need something like GPS just to find my way home or to a destination where I was heading... :)

Why folk feel the urge to be on the internet when they're out and about or in others company is beyond belief and just plain ignorant... :(

Playing games on a train or plain journeys or any kind of transport where there are other human beings around you to talk to and interact with is again a sad reflection on society these days and just adding to the ever increasing spiral of a society where folk would be better of just staying at home on their own and never venturing out into the real world to experience what life is all about... :(

So your recommendation of everyone buying such a device is really just another sad reflection of the lack of understanding these days that most folk think on what life is all about... sad but unfortunately very true... :(

PS:all this talk of jailbreaking & hacking phones is nothing new, when I was a kid and there were public phone boxes everywhere, we broke/hacked them to get the money out of the coin box... :D

You know what I completely 101% agree with you!  :)

Where I work the amount of time I sit in the canteen having my break with friends but I'm the only one talking, they all wip out their phones and do texting, update facebook profiles and loads of other daft stupid things.

The funniest thing I find is how some relationships seem to be completely done over Facebook or texting now, my friend who date this girl who completely into this stuff keeps wondering what she means and misunderstand text and they dump each other and then get back together all though text without even speaking to each other not EVEN calling. I just find it all very amusing.

Like I say the main feature of my phone is really, taking pictures and using the GPS I'd admit it my sense of direction is not brill.

But here is a perfect example of the power of the phone, I went to help a friend move to a flat, didn't know exactly where his place was but he gave me his postcode, used GPS found his place help him move in, now his phone line was disconnected so went on the internet via 3G found the right number to call, phoned them sorted it out, took a few picture of the place to show to his worried mom to show what the place was like, and left and realised at the end of the day just how god dam useful a smart phone is. See if you use it as a tool it the best electronic tool you can have. This is not even touching all them crazy apps you have now like to work out currency conversion, to translate foreign language, find local local restaurants, check the prices of things etc etc. The thing is to remember to use it just as a tool and not to replace your social life with, which is is what unfortunately a lot of people do.

PS: anyone seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2OfQdYrHRs its translate text on pictures and stuff its crasy, so this means I go to a  foreign restaurant and know what I'm ordering..amazing!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 11:46:12 AM by AmigaNG »

Offline Andeda

• Show only replies by Andeda
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2011, 12:51:12 PM »
Nokia N8 and i love it :)
Amiga: A computer for the creative mind.

Sam440ep 667Mhz + OS4.1
Minimig (Home made)
A1200/030
A2000/030
A500 * 3
CD32