Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WTB: Amiga 1200  (Read 378 times)

Description:

Offline RasterscanTopic starter

• Show only replies by Rasterscan
WTB: Amiga 1200
« on: May 25, 2016, 01:01:50 AM »
Hi! I'm looking to pick up a basic working Amiga 1200 system.
I'm located in FL.

Thanks!

Offline WeiXing3D

• Show only replies by WeiXing3D
Re: WTB: Amiga 1200
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 01:12:54 AM »
Try eBay or Amibay. Note that Amibay is mostly for stuff in Europe, but sometimes you can find posts from Canada and the good old U.S.A.

Once in a blue moon you can also find stuff in craiglist.

Good luck.
Amiga 1200 fully loaded by Aclii.
AmigaONE X5000 with OS4.1 FE
FPGA Arcade board in miniITX case with AmigaOS3.9 and WB 3.1.
MorphOS 3.9 in Mac Mini G4 1.5GHz, PowerBook & Power Mac G5
Acer Aspire One with AROS Icaros Desktop 2.1.1 &
MiST FPGA Minimig Amiga AGA Workbench 3.9 PFS3 configuration.

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 03:35:48 AM »
I have an Amiga Technology A1200 for sale, sysinfo says it has 63 megs total ram and 2 megs of Chip ram with a Blizzard 603e 250 mhz PPC accelerator, I use it with the 68040 35 mhz processor most of the time. For some reason on screen shows it has 128 meg of ram. It has a 4gb CF card installed with OS 3.9 installed. It also has a CF drive for transferring files from a pc through the PCMCIA port. For those of you who like CD drives I have a 4 way IDE adapter around somewhere, I will have to find it. Make a reasonable offer and it is yours.

Oh I have changed the disk drive out as it had quit last year.  The new disk drive I put in is slightly larger then the one I took out. Therefore the back of the case will not really shut all the way. The disk drive does work, but sometimes needs the disk change command to change disks. Works fine with a gecko drive, but sorry keeping mine for my A500 now why the A500, because it is the only Amiga computer that plays my favorite game of Arctic Fox. Who knows maybe I will sell that to during the next month.
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 04:21:25 AM »
Quote from: Rasterscan;809133
Hi! I'm looking to pick up a basic working Amiga 1200 system.
I'm located in FL.

Thanks!

If, you can afford to do it get the one above. It is like a tower in a KB and can be closed up with the right fd. Know that memory can be expanded.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:23:15 AM by QuikSanz »

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 06:16:37 PM »
Quote from: smerf;809140
I have an Amiga Technology A1200 for sale, sysinfo says it has 63 megs total ram and 2 megs of Chip ram with a Blizzard 603e 250 mhz PPC accelerator, I use it with the 68040 35 mhz processor most of the time. For some reason on screen shows it has 128 meg of ram. It has a 4gb CF card installed with OS 3.9 installed. It also has a CF drive for transferring files from a pc through the PCMCIA port. For those of you who like CD drives I have a 4 way IDE adapter around somewhere, I will have to find it. Make a reasonable offer and it is yours.

Oh I have changed the disk drive out as it had quit last year.  The new disk drive I put in is slightly larger then the one I took out. Therefore the back of the case will not really shut all the way. The disk drive does work, but sometimes needs the disk change command to change disks. Works fine with a gecko drive, but sorry keeping mine for my A500 now why the A500, because it is the only Amiga computer that plays my favorite game of Arctic Fox. Who knows maybe I will sell that to during the next month.

Damn that is nice Smerf.
What do you want for it?
I am South of you down in Delaware.
Any chance I could stop by a see this glorious beast?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline smerf

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 11:11:40 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;809163
Damn that is nice Smerf.
What do you want for it?
I am South of you down in Delaware.
Any chance I could stop by a see this glorious beast?

Got to make it before June 28, I am thinking like $800, but if you come up, I will find that 4 way adapter, the lyra keyboard adapter for a tower, let you look at the CD / DVD players that I have and if you would like you can have the thousands of disks that I have piled up. Need some speakers I even have those, chose some of the small PC speakers and it is yours, for the Radio Shack Speakers $10 extra for the Koss M100 plus's well might have to ask about a $100 for them. Also a PC for sale, and a very old PC, but the old one works with my logatech scanner, and my ADP movie maker. Just got done fixing an A500 about 3 months ago, don't want to get rid of that it plays my Arctic Fox disk. Used to be my favorite game, but since I bought it. This is the advantage of stopping by. Couple of other items I have for sale, like real cheap, and since you are a real Amiga freak I may set you up with some other stuff like cheap. My Amiga room is a mess, been pulling stuff out of the Attic, and it seems the more I look the more I have. Like I just found my old DF2 5 1/4 plug, hook it up to a 5 1/4 inch drive, plug it into one of my scsi boxes and you have one of the early 5 1/4 inch floppy drives. Just give me a date and time, I assure you I can make it worth your time. Rather it go to real Amiga people any whose. Oh by the way just for stopping by, I will throw in my amiga 1200 tower with pwr supply and printed out Boing Ball faceplate. A1200 fits right in it, pulled it out of that to put back in keyboard for sale on Ebay. Will hold off if you give me an early nuff date.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:15:35 PM by smerf »
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 02:54:45 PM »
Great offer, but I can't PM you.
Can you contact me?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline smerf

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 06:39:20 PM »
Iggy

Tried PM to you did you get it?

Offline Iggy

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 08:49:51 PM »
Quote from: smerf;809260
Iggy

Tried PM to you did you get it?

Sorry, yes I got it thanks.
I'll call you.