Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: To Retrobright or not to..  (Read 2772 times)

Description:

Offline motrucker

Re: To Retrobright or not to..
« Reply #29 from previous page: December 30, 2014, 03:38:16 PM »
Quote from: klx300r;780741
I agree with you BUT you must admit that it takes alot more skill & patience to pull off a great paint job then to slap on some gunk & let it rest in sunlight for a day ;)

The majority of us guys can tell from a block away if a computer we know so well was painted in any way especially when light reflects off of it so i can understand the hesitation to paint on both counts

I would bet you, you can't tell the painted computer. Also, it's not that hard to get a good paint job with these new, modern spray cans. They do an amazing job.
They even make "spray cans" that you can re-fill the "paint". This means you have the same flexibility as using a spraygun (mixing your own colors).
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2014, 04:20:22 PM »
Quote from: motrucker;780753
I would bet you, you can't tell the painted computer. Also, it's not that hard to get a good paint job with these new, modern spray cans. They do an amazing job.
They even make "spray cans" that you can re-fill the "paint". This means you have the same flexibility as using a spraygun (mixing your own colors).

well why don't you post a hi res pic of a mint original and a painted miggy to convince us ;)
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline Rob

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2014, 08:49:26 PM »
I'm curious about the effect retrobright has on colour screenprinted logos.  I'm thinking of using the process on my Sam but don't want to destroy the blue and red logo while I'm doing it.

Offline danbeaver

Re: To Be or not to...be
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2014, 09:01:51 PM »
I use adhesive masking tape cut with a hobby knife to protect the logos; all you need to do is make sure the peroxide doesn't get to the colors.