Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: SAM440ep and update3 or 4  (Read 3053 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline dh1

SAM440ep and update3 or 4
« on: December 26, 2011, 07:31:34 PM »
I have a motherboard SAM440ep 667 MHz (512 RAM) + Radeon9200SE graphics card.

 So far, I did not have AOS4.1.
 I bought one from the ACube!
 AOS4.1 Update 1 CD.
 I installed. It worked perfectly.
 Hyperion's web site I downloaded all updates.
 I installed the Update2. It worked perfectly!
 I installed the Update3 ... the system is booted, but after opening a few windows Crashed. Freeze, no error message.
 A startup has been before the crash Update4 the update to install.
 It also crashes immediately after boot.

 Perfectly clean install! Nothing is installed ...

 It is interesting. Back to update2 copied from the Kickstart directory on the system boots, but does not work well ...

 What is wrong?

 A day of fun with it!
 

Offline fitzsteve

Re: SAM440ep and update3 or 4
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 07:35:50 PM »
Have you setup the internet yet?

If so unplug your network cable and let me know if it still crashes...

Steve.
 

Offline dh1

Re: SAM440ep and update3 or 4
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 07:42:30 PM »
No setup internet ... simple OS install
 

Offline takemehomegrandma

Re: SAM440ep and update3 or 4
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 07:50:22 PM »
Quote from: dh1;672967
I have a motherboard SAM440ep 667 MHz (512 RAM) + Radeon9200SE graphics card.

 So far, I did not have AOS4.1.
 I bought one from the ACube!
 AOS4.1 Update 1 CD.
 I installed. It worked perfectly.
 Hyperion's web site I downloaded all updates.
 I installed the Update2. It worked perfectly!
 I installed the Update3 ... the system is booted, but after opening a few windows Crashed. Freeze, no error message.
 A startup has been before the crash Update4 the update to install.
 It also crashes immediately after boot.

 Perfectly clean install! Nothing is installed ...

 It is interesting. Back to update2 copied from the Kickstart directory on the system boots, but does not work well ...

 What is wrong?

 A day of fun with it!


I'm sorry but I don't really understand, did you try installing OS4.1.4 on top of 4.1.3?
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)
 

Offline dh1

Re: SAM440ep and update3 or 4
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 07:59:54 PM »
When update3 not frozen out immediately (20-30 sec), then I installed the update4.

Another detail. If you take out the Radeon 9200 card, the M9, it works, no crash.
 But unfortunately for me the onboard M9 bad. Bad colors show.
 

Offline Duce

  • Off to greener pastures
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 1699
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
Re: SAM440ep and update3 or 4
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 08:07:02 PM »
Odd stuff, I had no issues at all and recently did a full re-install from 4.1 to 4.1 u1, then u2, then u3, u4.  

Bog standard SAM 440ep, onboard gfx with a 32 GB SATA SSD.
 

Offline eliyahu

Re: SAM440ep and update3 or 4
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 08:08:52 PM »
Quote from: dh1;672975
When update3 not frozen out immediately (20-30 sec), then I installed the update4.

Another detail. If you take out the Radeon 9200 card, the M9, it works, no crash.
 But unfortunately for me the onboard M9 bad. Bad colors show.
make certain you have the dual video card support files from acube installed. :)

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."
 

Offline dh1

Re: SAM440ep and update3 or 4
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 08:14:46 PM »
PCIGraphics from ACube don't work!
No screenmodes ...
AOS4.1u1 install make a Radeon 9200 driver on Devs:
This work Update2.
Dont't work Update3 and 4 ...
:(
 

Offline Varthall

Re: SAM440ep and update3 or 4
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 08:33:19 PM »
Make sure that you have the latest UBoot flashed:

http://www.acube-systems.biz/index.php?page=news&id=80

Varthall
AmigaOne XE - AmigaOS 4.1 - Freescale 7457 1GHz - 1GB ram
MPlayer for OS4: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayer-amigaos/
 

Offline dh1

Re: SAM440ep and update3 or 4
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »
All installed!
 

Offline dh1

Re: SAM440ep and update3 or 4
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 08:56:45 PM »
Someone who is in the SAM440ep 9200 or Radeon 9250 card, send me email in the content of the DEVS/MONITORS folder. Please! Please!

E-mail: dh1@amigaspirit.hu or amigamania@amigaspirit.hu

Thanks!
 

Offline takemehomegrandma

Re: SAM440ep and update3 or 4
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 08:57:47 PM »
Quote from: dh1;672975
Another detail. If you take out the Radeon 9200 card, the M9, it works, no crash.
But unfortunately for me the onboard M9 bad. Bad colors show.


To clarify things and to help the bug-tracing: What you are saying is that as long as the Radeon 9200 card is in the computer, OS4.1.0, 4.1.1, 4.1.2 works, but 4.1.3, 4.1.4 crashes?

And when you do take out the 9200 card, the M9 shows bad colors?
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)
 

Offline dh1

Re: SAM440ep and update3 or 4
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 09:07:26 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;672992
to clarify things and to help the bug-tracing: What you are saying is that as long as the radeon 9200 card is in the computer, os4.1.0, 4.1.1, 4.1.2 works, but 4.1.3, 4.1.4 crashes?

yes!
 

Offline dh1

Re: SAM440ep and update3 or 4
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 09:13:18 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;672992
And when you do take out the 9200 card, the M9 shows bad colors?

NO!

Simply the wrong color.
 The colors are bad Radeon card without!

http://dh1.amigaspirit.hu/sam.jpg
 

Offline takemehomegrandma

Re: SAM440ep and update3 or 4
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 09:17:12 PM »
Quote from: dh1;672994
yes!


And the latest...

U-boot firmware: http://www.acube-systems.biz/index.php?page=news&id=80
Acube support files: http://www.acube-systems.biz/download/DualGraphicCardSetup.lha

...are installed?

And It's a fresh install, all updates installed in the right order, newer versions on top of the older, installed on reformatted HDD's, etc, with nothing left from old installations? All fresh and new, nothing touched, installed in the right order?
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)