Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wanted: A4000 CPU cards, Daughterboard, etc  (Read 12632 times)

Description:

Offline tone007

Wanted: A4000 CPU cards, Daughterboard, etc
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 08:59:11 PM »
Quote from: skilgannon;596173
Also - to call them "tards" when some of them I would class as friends is just not on.  That's a personal attack on them and moderators of this site should think about that.

I suppose I should clarify.  They're not all tards, probably most of them aren't.  I ran into at least one though.
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline Marcb

• Show only replies by Marcb
Re: Wanted: A4000 CPU cards, Daughterboard, etc
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 12:11:52 AM »
Moderators are people too, if you cut them, do they not bleed? etc. etc.

(BTW I'm not suggesting anyone cuts a mod, FFS! Just that you need to remember they are people and just like us, they have bad days)
"...but some animals are more equal than others."

Offline magneticTopic starter

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 12:43:20 AM »
Desantii

Thank you so much! Super. I built an A1200 d with the infamous 030 card i got from amibay and realized I need the zorro slots on cd rom for my art project, I'm missing cpu and duaghterboard os you are a mega hero! I'll post pics of the project when i'm done.

@tone

>How very Amibay!

That was funny..

@fitzsteve

Quote: You're right, I've got no reason to be involved with this discussion. Apologies, I'll bow out.

Whats your excuse?

Well fitz is right I did mention the amibay ban and it seems as if he tried to help.. I appreciate the backing though Xanxi!

As far as whats your excuse.. his "excuse" is defending me as a loyal amigan in the community!

@ Wasagi

Quote: My reason for posting here was to explain to magnetic why I think he might have been banned and urging him to appeal it if he was wronged.

Well when in this very thread its stated that there was some Amibay moderator meeting about "my case" (wow like the inquisition) and it was decided that I be banned.  

After writing several long emails with almost no response or justification to my points i was just banned * FOR LIFE *

Would you take the 1/2 hr to write up the appeal? Wouldnt it seem to fall on deaf ears?

If I'm wrong about amibay then why not re-instate me and go for another chance? I was having fun there but with this kind of political corporate shenanigans it makes you wonder why there is "AMI" in "Amibay" :(

ps As far as the "run by tards" comment I thought that was very funny.. and a lot nicer than the term "fascists" i used lol.  i should post the pm of the ban here so the other amigans can see the cold corporate rhetoric sounding message! :/
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline tone007

Wanted: A4000 CPU cards, Daughterboard, etc
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 12:54:53 AM »
Quote from: magnetic;596234
i should post the pm of the ban here so the other amigans can see the cold corporate rhetoric sounding message! :/

Go for it!

Offline countzero

• Show only replies by countzero
    • http://blog.coze.org
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 12:58:18 AM »
magnetic, while you are at it, would you also let us know how much did you manage to haggle that card down to, and how much was the starting price of your subsequent auction ? thank you ...
I believe in mt. Fuji

Offline tone007

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 01:01:45 AM »
Quote from: countzero;596241
magnetic, while you are at it, would you also let us know how much did you manage to haggle that card down to, and how much was the starting price of your subsequent auction ? Thank you ...

hErP

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 01:19:49 AM »
countzer

Sure, no problem. I'll be happy to state it. I got it for $125 and it was sold for $199.
BTW I had the board over a month before selling and it didnt suit my needs. How is that difficult to digest?
Thats NOT the point. The point is how can some entity tell an amiga person when to sell what to sell, how to sell, who to sell to, and where to sell it/ Or buy for that matter?

I will probably be selling the A1200 I got from you as well, since I am now moving on to a desktop 4000 project for a classic amiga.  Is that wrong to? Should I ask your permission or what?

In all my amiga years since the 80s I have never ever seen amiga people behave in this manner or treat other amigans in this way. Usually its complete trust and unity. Its quite sad... :(
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Offline tone007

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 01:21:35 AM »
Commandment 11: THOU MUST NOT PROFIT FROM AMIGA SALES

Offline countzero

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2010, 01:29:14 AM »
I dont have anything to say. No, what you are doing is no good. If you own an item for a considerable amount of time, you may look for a different price depending on the changes in the market. But buying and reselling in one month for %150 the price is not good.

yes, I would appreciate if you offer my 1200 to other AMIGANS for the same price you bought it from me. This way you can prove that you really care for the AMIGANS and not your wallet. Otherwise dont talk nonsense about AMIGANS treating other AMIGANS like shit, cause you are no AMIGAN.
I believe in mt. Fuji

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2010, 01:39:06 AM »
countzero

I've very suprised at this from you. First off I will be selling it for alot more since i had to take it compelty apart and install the shield, I added a cf ide adaptor with a 4gb drive filled with stuff, sourced out ethernet and pcmcia adaptors, installed software

so like 2 weeks work and research...

So I dont get your logic. I got a great deal on my A4000T i got from a guy and I sold off some parts to pay for my deal. its called being creative so you can enjoy your hobby.,
i'm currently unemployed now for 6 months you think I should sell things below market prices because I bought them 3 months ago for a good deal?

A guy would be happy to pay more for a nice custom unit. or even if I sold it exaclty like I got it from you for $200 they would be happy..

so buyer happy seller happy

wtf is your problem?

If you are such an Amiga saint. Why dont you just start sending FREE gear to people. I mean you think its fair to sell a 1994 2mb 14mhz computer with a floppy drive,  no mouse no psu for $125? To many people that sounds like selling junk for profit.

Its all a matter of perspective do you see any but your ownviewpoint? :(
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Offline countzero

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 02:04:32 AM »
amibay is not a profit venture. if you want to get "good deals" and give none, go somewhere else. You get good deals, you give good deals. if someone takes the good deals, and gives them somewhere else, we lose our good deals in circulation within amibay. its as simple as that.

sure I see your viewpoint, but it is not tolerable on amibay. have fun chasing sharks at ebay.
I believe in mt. Fuji

Offline Retro_71

• Show only replies by Retro_71
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2010, 02:57:06 AM »
I was going to offer some A4000 stuff to you but after seeing your 2nd last post i will decide not too. I too am on amibay if i was to buy something from there and then not need it i would offer it straight back that just common courtesy i can understand why you got banded and to use your friends account to sell the items make it look more sus (suspect).
A Chameleon and 1541 II ultimate II
2 x C=64, 2 x C64C, C128 (jiffydos), C128D, 3 x A500 (1 x 030),
A1000, 2 x A2000 (GVP 040 + SCSI combo + indivision), A3000 GVP IV24 & Emplant
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D

Offline ChrisUnionNJ

• Show only replies by ChrisUnionNJ
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 03:48:19 AM »
Quote from: Retro_71;596283
I was going to offer some A4000 stuff to you but after seeing your 2nd last post i will decide not too. I too am on amibay if i was to buy something from there and then not need it i would offer it straight back that just common courtesy i can understand why you got banded and to use your friends account to sell the items make it look more sus (suspect).

For me this sum's up the spirit of Amibay I have only bought one thing but you can bet if I ever sell it Amibay gets first shot..

Chris  :roflmao::roflmao:
Vic-20 x3 C64 x2,128D,C128 Flat Deck,A500 x3,A2000,A600,A1200,Apple][e,Apple][GS,3 Apple][c\'s,Amiga Forever,C64 Forever:rofl:

Offline mechy

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2010, 06:08:37 AM »
I've tries to resist putting my 2 cents in here...But you have got to be kidding me, now i know why i did not bother to finish jumping thru hoops to sell my stuff on amibay. It would be a cold day in hell when someone will tell me what i can and can't buy/sell something for. Its free trade out there people(or have the UK ppl that run amibay been under the british govt. thumb too long?). If i buy something ANYWHERE and i'm told i can't sell it where and when i want,for what price i want,after buying it with my hard earned money,i would have to tell those people to go get bent(hmm,i think i am...). Who the hell are you guys the free commerce police?
I agree profiteering is a bad thing at times(re:the clown on ebay hoarding chinon drives and posting them for crazy prices),but magnetic had good reasons for selling his stuff when he did,and its no ones business BUT his.Its no ones business where he sold it.telling him he has to keep it for so long and or only sell it on amibay is total bullshit. If he made a few dollars great,if not ,sorry, i've been on both sides of the coin.Amiga hardware prices go up and down all the time.The market and supply and demand determines what something is worth. It may of started with good intentions,but from what i can tell its a ridiculous over moderated pain in the butt way to do much of anything.

I think selling stuff on Comp.sys.amiga.marketplace was way better than amibay,i bought and sold much stuff there over 20 years and have probabaly dealt with many amigans here over the years without an ounce of big brother style moderation. it was a pretty friendly way to do trade. Most have gotten away from it in recent years,i still check it now and again.You could protect yourself reasonably well by sitting back and watching who bought and sold if you were new and get a idea who was legit.paypal makes most transactions pretty safe these days.

Mike
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:16:05 AM by mechy »

Offline Retro_71

• Show only replies by Retro_71
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2010, 06:31:22 AM »
So its fair to buy something very cheap in Amibay and then sell it elsewhere without giving the people who gave you the good deal a chance to have a go at it? If that's big brother then call me little brother..... and i did say it was common courtesy to give something back to people who gave it to you in the first place.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:33:37 AM by Retro_71 »
A Chameleon and 1541 II ultimate II
2 x C=64, 2 x C64C, C128 (jiffydos), C128D, 3 x A500 (1 x 030),
A1000, 2 x A2000 (GVP 040 + SCSI combo + indivision), A3000 GVP IV24 & Emplant
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D

Offline ChrisUnionNJ

• Show only replies by ChrisUnionNJ
« Reply #44 from previous page: December 02, 2010, 06:35:52 AM »
Quote from: mechy;596294
I've tries to resist putting my 2 cents in here...But you have got to be kidding me, now i know why i did not bother to finish jumping thru hoops to sell my stuff on amibay. It would be a cold day in hell when someone will tell me what i can and can't buy/sell something for. Its free trade out there people(or have the UK ppl that run amibay been under the british govt. thumb too long?). If i buy something ANYWHERE and i'm told i can't sell it where and when i want,for what price i want,after buying it with my hard earned money,i would have to tell those people to go get bent(hmm,i think i am...). Who the hell are you guys the free commerce police?
I agree profiteering is a bad thing at times(re:the clown on ebay hoarding chinon drives and posting them for crazy prices),but magnetic had good reasons for selling his stuff when he did,and its no ones business BUT his.Its no ones business where he sold it.telling him he has to keep it for so long and or only sell it on amibay is total bullshit. If he made a few dollars great,if not ,sorry, i've been on both sides of the coin.Amiga hardware prices go up and down all the time.The market and supply and demand determines what something is worth. It may of started with good intentions,but from what i can tell its a ridiculous over moderated pain in the butt way to do much of anything.

I think selling stuff on Comp.sys.amiga.marketplace was way better than amibay,i bought and sold much stuff there over 20 years and have probabaly dealt with many amigans here over the years without an ounce of big brother style moderation. it was a pretty friendly way to do trade. Most have gotten away from it in recent years,i still check it now and again.You could protect yourself reasonably well by sitting back and watching who bought and sold if you were new and get a idea who was legit.paypal makes most transactions pretty safe these days.

Mike

So it's ok to agree to the rules and then do what you what that makes no sense just don't use amibay if you disagree it's that simple..

Chris  :roflmao:
Vic-20 x3 C64 x2,128D,C128 Flat Deck,A500 x3,A2000,A600,A1200,Apple][e,Apple][GS,3 Apple][c\'s,Amiga Forever,C64 Forever:rofl: