Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FS: IDE-adapters to 68k-socket and mouse adapter PCBs  (Read 9262 times)

Description:

Offline Crumb

• Show all replies
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
Re: FS: IDE-adapters to 68k-socket and mouse adapter PCBs
« on: April 17, 2008, 03:21:25 PM »
Looks great!

I have an A500 with an M-TEC 020 accelerator and 4MB... does someone tested it together with the IDE controller? Does it work in A2000/Blizzard 060?

Would it be possible to activate faster PIO modes using some kind of small commodity? (of course that would require that these faster modes were implemented). Or maybe implement a small DMA engine (although that would require to load a different scsi.device driver or a heavily patched one)

I would be interested in one when you add more memory (0/2/4/8 MB configurable with a jumper) and maybe a clockport (remember to mark very clear which one is the pin number one).

Network card or maybe an isa or pcmcia slot would be a dream come true.

Maybe 2 active ISA slots... I don't know.

As I haven't seen many 3rd party accelerators besides Atari's 030 or Lucas I'd like to know if it would be very difficult to add let's say a 020 or 030 cpu... with some ram, of course.
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)

Offline Crumb

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 04:57:54 PM »
@mrmkl

The problem of a RAM board that is stacked is that if you add the IDE controller it will be too tall :-/

The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)

Offline Crumb

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 01:32:42 PM »
@recidivist

An Amiga A500 with lefthand expansion like Supra28accelerator and mem unit and hard drive and A570 was the width of an entire desk!(I've got all those things,not used in years,though.)

That's the reason I would prefer that everything fit inside the standard case. That's why I would prefer an A500 ram+ide board.

@Mika Leinonen
A friend of mine has a 12Mhz 68000 on his A500 with an asynchronous design he did (disk drive and other things work perfect without any additional software/hardware patch), even thought it will probably be trivial for you if you want I could ask him the schematics so your ram board also works as simple 68000 accelerator if the user wants (and has access to a faster 68000).