Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wow... This guy is proud of his A4000T  (Read 5087 times)

Description:

Offline Dragster

• Show only replies by Dragster
Re: Wow... This guy is proud of his A4000T
« Reply #59 from previous page: February 18, 2008, 05:39:18 AM »
@Firedawg

Yeah, it's a lot of money. I negotiated the final price tag, there was no way I could pay $4000... so I posted an offer and negotiated upon it.

and yes...CDN$3650 was the final price.

Cheers!

D.
Amiga 1200T 603/240, 060/50, SCSI II, Plextor 40/12/40S SCSI CDRW, Plextor 40X SCSI CDROM, Fujitsu 36GB 10KRPM SCSI HD, Pioneer 305S SCSI DVD, BVisionPPC, 256 MB FASTRAM, PowerFlyer EIDE, Scandex external scandoubler, ZIV busboard, Algor USB, Wireless, repulse audio...Peg II Quadruple boot: OS4.1FE/MorphOS 3.9 regged, OpenSUSE11.1 & Debian Squeeze, Powerbook G4 1139 MorphOS3.9, A4000D CSPPC/PIV/DENEB OS3.9/4.1FE, A4000T CSPPC/CVPPC/SCSI, etc.. 2

Offline spavatch

• Show only replies by spavatch
    • http://www.fiatpunto.org/
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2008, 05:14:49 PM »
When the gas prices were really high in the states, a used hybrid went for more then a new model of the same car.

// A bit of off-topic chatter

:admonish: <-- me reading the underlined part above

With all due respect, you Americans don't know the first thing about gas prices around the world. Whereas you pay ~$3 for a gallon of regular gas, here in Europe we pay ~1-1.5 euro per liter - for your understanding that's $5,5-8,3 per gallon!

Oh, and another thing, there's no such thing as regular gasoline where I live - there's premium and even-more-premium (which my car's addicted to) which is obviously is even-more-expensive.

Please, don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking you. I just get seriously nervous when someone who earns 2.8 times more (at an average) pays half the price and still grumbles they're too high... :madashell:

// Off-topic chatter ends
Cheers...
Spav
----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, somebody messed with my sig in any way? ;)
Powered by:
A600HD+A620T, CD32+Promodule & A4000/040

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2008, 06:13:33 PM »

Dragster wrote:

It's mine folks.

This baby is coming to MEXICO.

Cheers...

Congratulations Dragster!

The price might have been a bit high in some peoples minds, but you have purchased a mint piece of Amiga history and should be able to enjoy many years of use with that A4000T.  If I had the money to burn I would have tried to get it too.

Let us all know that it arrived in good shape and that it is working well for you.  I am trying to perform a new OS3.9 install on my A4000T and I am having trouble with the floppy drive and a dieing HD that has OS3.9 already on it, as well as troubles with the CSPPC SCSI chain recognition.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline r0jaws

• Show only replies by r0jaws
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2008, 11:12:57 PM »

spavatch wrote:
When the gas prices were really high in the states, a used hybrid went for more then a new model of the same car.

// A bit of off-topic chatter

:admonish: <-- me reading the underlined part above

With all due respect, you Americans don't know the first thing about gas prices around the world. Whereas you pay ~$3 for a gallon of regular gas, here in Europe we pay ~1-1.5 euro per liter - for your understanding that's $5,5-8,3 per gallon!

Oh, and another thing, there's no such thing as regular gasoline where I live - there's premium and even-more-premium (which my car's addicted to) which is obviously is even-more-expensive.

Please, don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking you. I just get seriously nervous when someone who earns 2.8 times more (at an average) pays half the price and still grumbles they're too high... :madashell:

// Off-topic chatter ends

[off topic]Try UK Prices then!
We haven't seen the right side of a pound a litre for some time and probably never will again![/off topic]

It was nice to see the Miggy went to a good home though.
Well done on negotiating a better deal fella.