Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: hgcsales on ebay.....  (Read 6065 times)

Description:

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
Re: jeez freakin louise
« Reply #104 from previous page: December 16, 2007, 04:14:15 PM »
amiga92570 wrote:
Another thing, I have had a lot of fun on this board. I do believe lately however it has become very negative and seems there are too many users with multiple identities. seems its much less fun and informative then it used to be. So I as one will be logging off. Its been fun. Good luck to all of you in the New Year. :-)

I really hate to see someone who has been here as long as I have (at least as a registered user) and just as active leave because of the childishness of other users.  It should be people like us chasing THEM out, not the other way around.  Amiga.org is one of the last bastions of Amigadom, and I am disturbed that there are jack asses out there actively ruining it.  This really applies to the scene as a whole: we lose contributors, developers, and the like because there are a few {bleep}y, whiny ingrates out there.  Just ignore them.  Like most minorities, they will be the most mouthy and at times the loudest voice in the crowd, but they are weak in will and mind and it does not take much to push them out.

I, for one, am the one and only me here.  And those be damned who have to hide behind multiple identities because they are too cowardly to man up and own up to their own words.  These people surely live a trite and despicable existence, and lying to themselves about how cool they are because they pwn3d you in a forum is not going to change their miserable lives.

Offline Terse

• Show only replies by Terse
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2007, 06:30:48 PM »
@LoadWB,

I joined about 5 years back and was active and contributing with a well-known account for 2 years before giving up.  It was too dysfunctional here for a rational  or measured interaction.  

I gave the "I'm leaving forever" post in 2004 and left for 2 years. Now I'm back becuse I enjoy watching the dysfunction with no (okay - minimal) participation.   I try not to troll either (though this post could be an exception I suppose.)  

I just note this becuse it may be more common than you think; Amiga users who were once active but who now prefer lurking.  I've never done this with any other BBS or forum in 20 years. In all other cases, I contribute or cleanly break off. I don't see myself as cowardly. Rather, I see Amiga as my personal 24/7 soap opera. Why interact when it stays entertaining all by itself?

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2007, 04:52:45 AM »
Well issues of who's who around here aside, doomy's a bona fide psychopath; note that he closed his forums on retrogeek - I reckon he couldn't handle the lack of attention (they were dead, dead, dead - srsly, I have more people using my D&D forum).

Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline Colin_Camper

• Show only replies by Colin_Camper
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2007, 01:24:20 PM »
@amiga92570

Man, I think you're totally wrong!

This guy is a class act!

But, you better be prepared when going up against the DoomMaster, because I will get in your face with both barrels. I am usually a nice person, but people starting spreading lies about me and messing with my reputation, I get fighting mad....

I would be thrilled to get an email like this!  :-)

Doomy obviously spent a lot of effort on it. It is better than the dialogue on a lot of $100m movies. He is wasted with this 'military A2000' stuff - he should be writing movie scripts and screen plays!  :-D
Colin Camper CCNP MCSE P45 UB40
A4000D