Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: hgcsales on ebay.....  (Read 6136 times)

Description:

Offline Terse

• Show all replies
Re: hgcsales on ebay.....
« on: November 23, 2007, 11:00:09 PM »
That Halo 3 Ltd Edition consle is $400 and came out about 2 months ago.  noody just has one gathering dust.  So he's asking for a new $400 item plus $200 cash.

Speaking of Xbox and Amiga, Jeff Minter hates your type:
Get over old retro games and Amiga games and grow up XBox fans.

Offline Terse

• Show all replies
Re: hgcsales on ebay.....
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 08:11:25 AM »
Most of the time I log in to laugh at the latest misfortune of the poor Amiga community and while away the months until forums like these are well and truly taken over by retro enthusiasts like me, instead of kids who were 10 when Amiga was launched and still think the platform will come roaring back to life.  But this guy seems truly sadistic.  He's even creeping me out.  I wonder if the Amiga forums could have a prominent scammer warning with a profile of this and other well-known eBay scammers.

I undersatnd that they can change thier ID at a whim, but it sounds like no matter what the ID, they can't disguise critial details, like accepting only cash,check,M.O.  Adding extra shipping charges.  Answering questions rudely. Over-describing items in odd ways, etc.

I have been lurking here for a year or so and I think I've seen 3 or 4 of these new users come in and say "Hi Amiga community, I think I was just ripped off..."  to which everyone here says "Yeah, that was our old pal Doomy."

If there is anything left of this Amiga "community", it should actively tackle this problem.

Offline Terse

• Show all replies
Re: jeez freakin louise
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 06:30:48 PM »
@LoadWB,

I joined about 5 years back and was active and contributing with a well-known account for 2 years before giving up.  It was too dysfunctional here for a rational  or measured interaction.  

I gave the "I'm leaving forever" post in 2004 and left for 2 years. Now I'm back becuse I enjoy watching the dysfunction with no (okay - minimal) participation.   I try not to troll either (though this post could be an exception I suppose.)  

I just note this becuse it may be more common than you think; Amiga users who were once active but who now prefer lurking.  I've never done this with any other BBS or forum in 20 years. In all other cases, I contribute or cleanly break off. I don't see myself as cowardly. Rather, I see Amiga as my personal 24/7 soap opera. Why interact when it stays entertaining all by itself?