Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: hgcsales on ebay.....  (Read 6132 times)

Description:

Offline save2600

• Show all replies
Re: hgcsales on ebay.....
« on: December 16, 2007, 03:47:20 AM »
This is that jerk 'Doomy' I've read about for years?!? I accidentally bought a
SCSI CD drive from him recently on one of his HGC eBay sales. The day after winning, I went my merry way to K-Mart to get a $.59 money order (the cheapest around) and dispatched his money THAT day. Remember, we're talking about a $12 item here. And in case you are wondering, I don't do GayPal. This was his response after receiving my money:

Dear save2600,

Well, I received your payment today, but I am not happy with it. The auction clearly states that I do not accept Western Union money orders. I will go ahead and accept it this time, but from now on read the entire auction. Also, both the auction and the email that I sent you states that only cash or a postal money order gets same day shipping. On other types of payment, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for processing. I meant just that. So, your package will not be shipped until around January 2008.

- hgcsales

My reply:

Dear hgcsales,

Wow - you are not happy receiving a legitimate money order?
What is wrong with you and who do you think you are talking
to customers like that? I've been an eBay seller for much longer
than you and my feedback trounces yours. I'm sorry I missed
out on ONE of your buying qualifications, but I do not
appreciate being talked to this way. Go ahead and send me my
money back then. I will not wait for you to send out my CD
ROM until next year because you want to play some kind of a
power trip. If you do not comply within a reasonable amount of
time, I will personally call eBay and let them know of your
jerkiness. In the meantime, learn some customer service skills.
It's no wonder none of your items are selling. Especially the
overpriced A4k.

- save2600

...and his reply:

Shoot! Can't find it right now, but he responded even worse! Telling me that if I give him {bleep}, he'll just give it right back. He also bragged that he had other eBay accounts and that he's been doing this for a "long" time. He then proceeded to tell me that he'll ship my CD ROM out AFTER the money order "clears". If any computer geek deserved a punch in the face lately - it would most certainly be him!! Hmm... too bad Oregon is 30 hours away from me. I would just want to pick up my CD ROM is all   ;-)

Update... HGCSALES is no longer a registered user. I smell a dirty, stinkin' rat  here. I wonder if Western Union will give me my money back. That's probably why he did not like that form of payment!

Offline save2600

• Show all replies
Re: hgcsales on ebay.....
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 07:13:08 AM »
Thanks for an explanation, BUT... I'm sorry, I cannot relate to running your life or a business this way. When you say that "a lot of places" do not cash money orders... umm, why would you not simply take it to your BANK? Safeway?!? Never heard of them. Remember those funny little brick and mortar FDIC institutions where most people keep their money? Yeah, those are the places you should be taking money orders and cashier checks to. If you do not have a bank account in this day and age, well... I guess I would be at a loss for words then  ;-)    Unless of course, you're doing something illegal... then I can see the reason for not wanting a bank account! lol

USPS money orders are expensive as are money orders from your bank. A retail store like K-Mart/Wal-Mart or a gas station has them much cheaper. The K-Mart by me even has a mailbox right outside their front door, making it that much easier get the money right out to the next ungrateful eBay {bleep}.