Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: hgcsales on ebay.....  (Read 6045 times)

Description:

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #89 from previous page: December 16, 2007, 12:07:09 AM »
@dan08

Will you be changing your handle every time you run for president?
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline dan08

• Show only replies by dan08
Re: 08
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2007, 12:37:59 AM »
Try and show some respect.

Offline amiga92570

• Show only replies by amiga92570
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2007, 12:42:31 AM »
Maybe its all doomy! Just to get some attention. I dealt with this idiot before. I know he is a bulling lying Pr**K. Tried to get on me after he purchased some processors from me. I told him I only accept Paypal, he replied with numerous emails stating I should have stated that and he would send a money order. I told him to learn to read as I had clearly stated in red blinking letters at bottom of ad Paypal Only!!!. Well he threatened and I explained what a useless waste of matter he is and he finally vanished. I do not see how he could threaten someone seriously. Tell him to piss off, and if he ripped you off, go to the police. Its theft you know.
Amiga92570
==========================
(1) 4000T/040 (2)3000t CS 060/233ppc Picasso IV video, (2)D-box 1200 blizzard 060/200ppc Mediator fastATA, (1)amiga 1200 Power tower, (1)amiga 1200 EZ tower with mediator,1200/030/50mhz, (3) amiga 500 with CSA Mega Midget Racer and Trump card AT, (2) amiga 600 one with M-tec 030, (3) CD32 one sx32, two sx32-pro, More accessories and parts than I want to admit to

Offline weirdami

« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2007, 02:18:54 AM »

dan08 wrote:
Try and show some respect.

:bow:
----

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
Re: hgcsales on ebay.....
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2007, 03:47:20 AM »
This is that jerk 'Doomy' I've read about for years?!? I accidentally bought a
SCSI CD drive from him recently on one of his HGC eBay sales. The day after winning, I went my merry way to K-Mart to get a $.59 money order (the cheapest around) and dispatched his money THAT day. Remember, we're talking about a $12 item here. And in case you are wondering, I don't do GayPal. This was his response after receiving my money:

Dear save2600,

Well, I received your payment today, but I am not happy with it. The auction clearly states that I do not accept Western Union money orders. I will go ahead and accept it this time, but from now on read the entire auction. Also, both the auction and the email that I sent you states that only cash or a postal money order gets same day shipping. On other types of payment, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for processing. I meant just that. So, your package will not be shipped until around January 2008.

- hgcsales

My reply:

Dear hgcsales,

Wow - you are not happy receiving a legitimate money order?
What is wrong with you and who do you think you are talking
to customers like that? I've been an eBay seller for much longer
than you and my feedback trounces yours. I'm sorry I missed
out on ONE of your buying qualifications, but I do not
appreciate being talked to this way. Go ahead and send me my
money back then. I will not wait for you to send out my CD
ROM until next year because you want to play some kind of a
power trip. If you do not comply within a reasonable amount of
time, I will personally call eBay and let them know of your
jerkiness. In the meantime, learn some customer service skills.
It's no wonder none of your items are selling. Especially the
overpriced A4k.

- save2600

...and his reply:

Shoot! Can't find it right now, but he responded even worse! Telling me that if I give him {bleep}, he'll just give it right back. He also bragged that he had other eBay accounts and that he's been doing this for a "long" time. He then proceeded to tell me that he'll ship my CD ROM out AFTER the money order "clears". If any computer geek deserved a punch in the face lately - it would most certainly be him!! Hmm... too bad Oregon is 30 hours away from me. I would just want to pick up my CD ROM is all   ;-)

Update... HGCSALES is no longer a registered user. I smell a dirty, stinkin' rat  here. I wonder if Western Union will give me my money back. That's probably why he did not like that form of payment!

Offline weirdami

« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2007, 04:16:17 AM »
@save2600

I always said only USPS money orders on my own auctions because a lot of places don't cash certain money orders and since I'd be going to the post office anyway, a USPS one works best. And, it's a bit safer I think because they check to make sure it's really real before cashing it. Get this, someone sent me a money order from a Safeway grocery store and when I went to a Safeway to cash it, I found out that Safeway doesn't even cash their own money orders! It's that sort of lameness you avoid with USPS money orders.

I always say that all monies must clear before I ship anything, that's only fair. But, that 6-8 week thing looks a lot like punishment. I think it's also unreasonable as far as ebay rules go, right? Ebay seemed to think so I guess. :-) That is, until next time. :-(
----

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2007, 07:13:08 AM »
Thanks for an explanation, BUT... I'm sorry, I cannot relate to running your life or a business this way. When you say that "a lot of places" do not cash money orders... umm, why would you not simply take it to your BANK? Safeway?!? Never heard of them. Remember those funny little brick and mortar FDIC institutions where most people keep their money? Yeah, those are the places you should be taking money orders and cashier checks to. If you do not have a bank account in this day and age, well... I guess I would be at a loss for words then  ;-)    Unless of course, you're doing something illegal... then I can see the reason for not wanting a bank account! lol

USPS money orders are expensive as are money orders from your bank. A retail store like K-Mart/Wal-Mart or a gas station has them much cheaper. The K-Mart by me even has a mailbox right outside their front door, making it that much easier get the money right out to the next ungrateful eBay {bleep}.

Offline Terse

• Show only replies by Terse
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2007, 08:11:25 AM »
Most of the time I log in to laugh at the latest misfortune of the poor Amiga community and while away the months until forums like these are well and truly taken over by retro enthusiasts like me, instead of kids who were 10 when Amiga was launched and still think the platform will come roaring back to life.  But this guy seems truly sadistic.  He's even creeping me out.  I wonder if the Amiga forums could have a prominent scammer warning with a profile of this and other well-known eBay scammers.

I undersatnd that they can change thier ID at a whim, but it sounds like no matter what the ID, they can't disguise critial details, like accepting only cash,check,M.O.  Adding extra shipping charges.  Answering questions rudely. Over-describing items in odd ways, etc.

I have been lurking here for a year or so and I think I've seen 3 or 4 of these new users come in and say "Hi Amiga community, I think I was just ripped off..."  to which everyone here says "Yeah, that was our old pal Doomy."

If there is anything left of this Amiga "community", it should actively tackle this problem.

Offline weirdami

jeez freakin louise
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2007, 08:15:34 AM »
@save2600

Well excuse me for participating.
----

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
Re: jeez freakin louise
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2007, 03:05:49 PM »
Part of the problem with "six to eight weeks for shipping" is that you have no recourse with eBay in the event of a problem.  IIRC, they used to only give 30 days, which was BARELY enough time in most situations, but I think they now give 60 days.

I only accept PayPal on my auctions, period.  PayPal is fast and offers buyers protection in more ways than one.  If I as a buyer get screwed on a deal or don't receive the item within a reasonable period of time (you know, pay immediately after winning and no item at 28 days) then I can file a complaint.  I have had my money returned on a few occasions like this.

As a seller, it allows me a method for quick resolution.  Case in point, I sold a BaseBoard that had a missing pin which I didn't notice until the buyer pointed it out to me.  I looked back at the photos I took and, sure enough, there it was plain as day.  I knew the board worked none-the-less, but I felt obligated as this guy was going to have to get that pin repaired to ensure 100% stability.  With PayPal I was able to refund part of his money right away.

Try that with a money order.  I have purchased some items with MOs but only if the seller has a lot of good feedback.  I would use USPS or ones from Publix, depending upon what was convenient for me and if the seller was in the same country (USPS MOs work better for international.)

I agree that the Amiga community should do something against known scammers.  At the same time, I don't like being lumped into the group of resurrectionists: I *was* 10 when the Amiga came out, but I maintain no illusions of the Amiga rising again... unless I hit the MegaMillions jackpot  :crazy:

And I won't contest this: he'll be back with his same attitude, his same payment and shipping requirements, and the same outrageous claims and behavior.  The user name won't make a difference.  People who get ripped off need to realize that leaving him bad feedback won't hurt them even if he retaliates now that eBay has a feedback mediation process.  And if they REALLY think they got ripped off, sue his ass.  The legal system exists for a purpose, so put it to good use.

I'm tired of people who won't stand up to this guy in a way that would injure his ability to buy and sell Amiga.  "If you're not ready to act, give me a break and shut up!"

Offline AMIBY

• Show only replies by AMIBY
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2007, 03:50:22 PM »
>"If you're not ready to act, give me a break and shut up!"
Why don't you buy something from Doomy then? So you can file your own law suits?

Offline amiga92570

« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2007, 03:51:33 PM »
Just use paypal only and he is out of the equation. He is obviously disturbed. He keeps peoples emails so he can shoot out a email when someone posts the truth about him. I received this email shortly after posting above about a transaction I had with him about a year ago.

George Cambell wrote:

"I bet you would not say those things to my face.  I would have paid you for the processors, but you were being a jerk about it.  So no, YOU GO FU*K YOURSELF AND PISS OFF, PUNK !  And I would tell you this to your face.  I do not like it when punks like you talk crap about me in a public forum.  You guys need to start picking on someone else.  I have not done anything wrong to anybody, and if you think I have, prove it.  The only thing I am guilty of is talking crap sometimes for a goof.  If you guys want to talk to me, join my Amiga and Atari ST forum.  I can even ask a Beaverton Police Officer to join in on our discussion  of how I ripped some of you off.  This is you chance to get it all out into the open.  But, you better be prepared when going up against the DoomMaster, because I will get in your face with both barrels.  I am usually a nice person, but people starting spreading lies about me and messing with my reputation, I get fighting mad.... "

Now you can keep going back and forth with this fellow, and waste a lot of time or just ignore him. I choose to ignore him as I don't have the time to play games with him. I replied with this message.

Go ahead , get the police involved. I would love that. You are right about talking crap, but you should should have no problem doing that being the worthless piece of that you are. So go ahead and have the police call me or if you like I can initiate an investigation myself.

I guess I should expect the police at my door any moment.
 :lol:
Amiga92570
(1) 4000T/040 (2)3000t CS 060/233ppc Picasso IV video, (2)D-box 1200 blizzard 060/200ppc Mediator fastATA, (1)amiga 1200 Power tower, (1)amiga 1200 EZ tower with mediator,1200/030/50mhz, (3) amiga 500 with CSA Mega Midget Racer and Trump card AT, (2) amiga 600 one with M-tec 030, (3) CD32 one sx32, two sx32-pro, More accessories and parts than I want to admit to

Offline AMIBY

• Show only replies by AMIBY
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2007, 03:55:08 PM »
I am really jealous. Doomy has all these things in perfect condition. But he obtained these items through fraud.

Offline amiga92570

« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2007, 03:58:41 PM »
Another thing, I have had a lot of fun on this board. I do believe lately however it has become very negative and seems there are too many users with multiple identities. seems its much less fun and informative then it used to be. So I as one will be logging off. Its been fun. Good luck to all of you in the New Year. :-)
Amiga92570

Offline LoadWB

« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2007, 04:04:07 PM »
AMIBY wrote:
>"If you're not ready to act, give me a break and shut up!"
Why don't you buy something from Doomy then? So you can file your own law suits?

That has to be one of the most asinine things I have read in a long time.  Isn't that a lot like walking in front of the bus so I can sue the driver?  Or perhaps a newly-awarded black belt strolling down a dark alley hoping to get mugged?  What would staging my own sting operation really accomplish?

My point is clear: there is a lot of talk from people screwed by Hans, a lot of sabre-rattling, and a lot of puffed out chests over the issue.  Pray tell, how many people with a genuine beef against him have done anything about it?  You can trade childish emails, you can post eloquent rants about him, but unless you actually take advantage of a system which avails itself to protecting people from bad apples like Hans, nothing will change and the rape will continue.

I honestly bet he laughs every time someone cries about what he has done to them, knowing full well there is little chance he will suffer repercussions from his actions.

Offline LoadWB

« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2007, 04:14:15 PM »
amiga92570 wrote:
Another thing, I have had a lot of fun on this board. I do believe lately however it has become very negative and seems there are too many users with multiple identities. seems its much less fun and informative then it used to be. So I as one will be logging off. Its been fun. Good luck to all of you in the New Year. :-)

I really hate to see someone who has been here as long as I have (at least as a registered user) and just as active leave because of the childishness of other users.  It should be people like us chasing THEM out, not the other way around.  Amiga.org is one of the last bastions of Amigadom, and I am disturbed that there are jack asses out there actively ruining it.  This really applies to the scene as a whole: we lose contributors, developers, and the like because there are a few {bleep}y, whiny ingrates out there.  Just ignore them.  Like most minorities, they will be the most mouthy and at times the loudest voice in the crowd, but they are weak in will and mind and it does not take much to push them out.

I, for one, am the one and only me here.  And those be damned who have to hide behind multiple identities because they are too cowardly to man up and own up to their own words.  These people surely live a trite and despicable existence, and lying to themselves about how cool they are because they pwn3d you in a forum is not going to change their miserable lives.