Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: hgcsales on ebay.....  (Read 6056 times)

Description:

Offline McVenco

• Show only replies by McVenco
    • http://www.amigascene.nl
Re: hgcsales on ebay.....
« Reply #59 from previous page: December 06, 2007, 10:08:06 AM »
Doomy wrote:

I am on eBay every day and I watch and keep a record of what Amiga and Atari ST items sell for.  Anotherwards, I do my homework before I list an item.  What makes my Amiga 4000 worth at least $500 is its new condition.  If I still had the original box for it, the computer would sell for over $1000.00.  It is the condition of an item that drives its value up.  So, the closer an item is to new condition, the more valuable it is.  And this is what you NOOBS seem to forget.  Or are you just one of those assholes that try to get nice things for nothing.

I don't know which version of Ebay Doomy visits, but I've bought a completely white A4000 with some expansions (genlock, framegrabber) for $275 a few months ago on. The seller stated it as worldwide shipping, so Doomy should have been able to see it on US Ebay. There have been a few A4000s on Ebay from another Dutch seller, who sold them fo €350 (around $480). These machines came better expanded than Doomy's A4000 (3.1 roms, multiple GB harddisk, workbench disks, HD drives, DVD drive), and still he had to re-list them a few times before they even were sold.

@Doomy: get your figures straight. It's the market (multiple buyers and sellers) that defines the prices of goods, not just a single seller. And the market has declared a lot of times that a stock (and probably partially undressed) A4000, is NOT worth AT LEAST 500 bucks. It may get $500 MAXIMUM (not minimum). And an extra $500 for the original box? No way José.

But then again, Doomy is schooled in mechanics. Not economics :-)
| A4000 | CS-MK3 060@50 | Picasso IV |
| Member of Team Amiga (tm) | FidoNet 2:286/414.18 (long ago) |
| SysOp The Missing Channel BBS | Member of AGA BBS Intl. |

Offline arnljot

« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2007, 10:29:31 AM »
Doomy wrote:
What makes my Amiga 4000 worth at least $500 is its new condition.  If I still had the original box for it, the computer would sell for over $1000.00.

Wow, a cardboard box adds $500 value... What kind of card board is more worth than a csppc??  :lol:
A posting a day keeps the sanity away...
http://www.arnljot.com

Offline tokyoracer

• Show only replies by tokyoracer
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2007, 03:34:32 PM »
Maybe it's alliend in gold. :lol: Or even has an inbuilt accelerater somewhere in the box. :crazy: Madness...

I sure hope he doesnt stop selling as I could do with the laughs.

Offline Ken86Stang

• Show only replies by Ken86Stang
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2007, 10:35:08 PM »
Interesting...  I noticed hgcsales is no longer a registered user on ebay..  We'll have to see what new account he pops up under.

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2007, 10:47:26 PM »
I think things like this hurt his sales a lot more:

Q: Does it incl the CDROM? Oct-18-07
A: Did you actually read the auction description? Did you even read the auction title? It states: Atari 1040STe with 4 megabytes of RAM, TOS 2.05, and a High-Density disk drive. Nowhere in the auction does it say that the monitor, hard disk drive, or CD-Rom drive is included.

Well you gotta get a little tried of the dumb questions some people ask.  This one takes the cake too.  A CD-ROM drive on a Atari STE?  They never came with one, and the only way you can add one is to buy an extremely expensive and rare SCSI host adaptor (ICD's the Link 2 or similar product, $100+ value) and external CD-ROM drive.  Plus there was no pic or anything mentioned about a CD-ROM...  But he should of tactfully replied with my above points instead of the way he did...

Also as far as the $500 A4000, I think that with a nice box it is worth that much, especially if it is in mint shape...

Stand alone dirty, yellowed A4000's go for $250+ easy on the bay....  :rtfm:
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline gdanko

• Show only replies by gdanko
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2007, 11:41:53 PM »
Did anyone see the HGC Sale photo?
It's Doomy!

Offline Homer

• Show only replies by Homer
    • http://www.graingerweb.net
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2007, 12:00:42 AM »
Ranting is not a regular thing for me but here goes; I would like to know:

1. Why this thread has not disappeared when similar ones have ?
2. Why the thread earlier today covering a guy that appeared to have been ripped off by Doomy for $450, but who then rescinded the whole thread was deleted from A.Org ? {Whatever happened to FREE SPEECH ?}
3. Why I get no information on why a thread has been moderated into oblivion ? (I wouldn't be asking these dumb questions if someone had explained the legal ramifications to me).

As I stated in the missing thread, new people keep coming forward having been ripped off by known people, and they say "If only I knew". What do we do to stamp it out ? We delete these threads just in case it upsets the "known people". Guess what ? More newbies get ripped off.

As we say in the UK, a spade is a spade.

Let X = X
{(c) Laurie Anderson}

Offline buzz

• Show only replies by buzz
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2007, 02:49:00 AM »

Well you gotta get a little tried of the dumb questions some people ask.  This one takes the cake too.  A CD-ROM drive on a Atari STE?  They never came with one, and the only way you can add one is to buy an extremely expensive and rare SCSI host adaptor (ICD's the Link 2 or similar product, $100+ value) and external CD-ROM drive.  Plus there was no pic or anything mentioned about a CD-ROM...  But he should of tactfully replied with my above points instead of the way he did...

I don't think it was a dumb question. The picture (yes there is one) clearly shows a cdrom drive. Also this seller has the habit of "not mentioning" stuff, but showing extra stuff in the photos, so it is quite normal to ask.

Offline Ken86Stang

• Show only replies by Ken86Stang
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2007, 03:39:35 AM »

Homer wrote:
Ranting is not a regular thing for me but here goes; I would like to know:

1. Why this thread has not disappeared when similar ones have ?
2. Why the thread earlier today covering a guy that appeared to have been ripped off by Doomy for $450, but who then rescinded the whole thread was deleted from A.Org ? {Whatever happened to FREE SPEECH ?}
3. Why I get no information on why a thread has been moderated into oblivion ? (I wouldn't be asking these dumb questions if someone had explained the legal ramifications to me).

As I stated in the missing thread, new people keep coming forward having been ripped off by known people, and they say "If only I knew". What do we do to stamp it out ? We delete these threads just in case it upsets the "known people". Guess what ? More newbies get ripped off.

As we say in the UK, a spade is a spade.

Was wondering the same things myself.  When posts like the one that was on here earlier today about the guy that got ripped off get deleted and hgcsales deletes their ebay account, people get ripped off.  

I may be kinda new here but I've been "lurking" for quite a while, so I know what's going on with this guy.  I feel sorry for anyone who does business with him.  

Offline amiga92570

• Show only replies by amiga92570
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2007, 03:53:19 AM »
Much like the Terminator, He'll be Back! :-o
Amiga92570
==========================
(1) 4000T/040 (2)3000t CS 060/233ppc Picasso IV video, (2)D-box 1200 blizzard 060/200ppc Mediator fastATA, (1)amiga 1200 Power tower, (1)amiga 1200 EZ tower with mediator,1200/030/50mhz, (3) amiga 500 with CSA Mega Midget Racer and Trump card AT, (2) amiga 600 one with M-tec 030, (3) CD32 one sx32, two sx32-pro, More accessories and parts than I want to admit to

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2007, 05:14:29 AM »
Hi Arikel,

dan08 is lying about me.  Yes, he did email me wanting to buy my Amiga 4000, but, I never emailed him back.  I decided to just keep my Amiga 4000.  I do not know why that jerk is spreading lies about me.  I just picked up a whole van load full of Amiga stuff.  In all of that stuff there was a Cybervision 64/3D graphics card and a CyberStorm MKII 68060 board.  I plan to install these boards into my Amiga 4000.  Please, show this email to the Amiga Org members and you can come pick up an Amiga item from me for free.  Since you do live close to me, why not come visit the RetroGeek Computers shop.  Anyway, I will be going to the Beaverton Police Department tomorrow, to find out what kind of lies this guy told them.  I have not ripped anyone off, and I have the shipping receipts to prove it.

Last year, about this time, there were an average of 29 to 34 pages of Amiga auctions on eBay every day.  Now, there are only about 6 to 7 pages of Amiga auctions on eBay at any given time.  This is because jerks, like the people who are spreading lies about me, have pissed off many of the eBay sellers that were selling Amiga items.  People that spread lies about eBay sellers that sell Amiga stuff are doing a disservice to the Amiga community.  They are cutting their own throat.  I do a lot for the Amiga community, and I never get any thanks for it.

Doomy

Doomy sent this to me, in response to the previous thread about the guy on here who got the A4000 from him....

I wonder now, since I posted it, if he'll give me the A4000.   :roll:
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2007, 05:14:32 AM »
OK I did not see the one that had the pic of the CD-ROM, so that was a valid question.  It is best to not include items that are not for sale, and if you must, say they are not included...
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline Jeff

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Jeff
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2007, 05:59:01 AM »
No Longer a registered user.
hgcsales on ebay
Gone the way of Boogiegail? One could only hope.

Offline countzero

• Show only replies by countzero
    • http://blog.coze.org
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2007, 07:18:51 AM »
why did that thread got deleted ? doomy says he didn't ship any a4000. now it's dan08's turn to prove his claims. If he has the a4000, post it's pictures, and the shipping slip that proves doomy has posted it.
I believe in mt. Fuji

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2007, 07:21:57 AM »
Your guess is as good as mine, CZ. I wasn't going to bother to post it, when I found the thread was gone.
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline TheMud

• Show only replies by TheMud
    • http://www.houseofvoices.tk
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2007, 09:36:08 AM »

Methuselas wrote:
Hi Arikel,

I have not ripped anyone off, and I have the shipping receipts to prove it.

They are cutting their own throat.  I do a lot for the Amiga community, and I never get any thanks for it.

Doomy

Say what ???  :lol:     :roll:     :crazy:
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.dailyroxette.com - My first passion next to Amiga