Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How many Amigas do you own?  (Read 8186 times)

Description:

Offline lempkee

• Show all replies
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
Re: How many Amigas do you own?
« on: June 16, 2007, 12:49:13 AM »
2x CD32's , 1 has a FMV and HDD and 030 and so on, other is bog standard.

1x CDTV with disk drive.

2x A1200's with BPPC and mediators etc.

4,5x AmigaOne's , 1 is broken so thats why its half.

1x A500 with 020 and hdd.

1x A1000 , bog standard.

1x Pegasos , buggy but works.

1x pegasos 2.

1x CuboCD32 (rare coinop version of the CD32)

and finally the rare Access mini bay mainboard (a1200 based board from south europe (italy? or spain, can't remeber)

and probably more... lol.

ps: main machines are my 1200 and my XE a1 though all that is functional is always up atleast once every week.
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline lempkee

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 12:53:41 AM »

amigadave wrote:

I am concentrating on original boxed software now to enhance my collection.  That plus a few bits of third party hardware should satisfy my urge for Amiga collecting (that is until the awesome, earth shattering, new Amigas are released and everyone on the planet will throw away all their PC's and Mac's)

pssst: how many do you have? , i have over 3000 (can't remeber the exact number right now) boxed Amiga Orginals but since 2004 i switched my main collecting away from the Amiga and onto consoles, about 1000 ps1 , 643 (iirc) ps2 and 131 PSP titles now.

And ah yes i have about 100 DC and 60 Saturn titles aswell, everyone boxed.

i have allready supplied pictures and a interview to GamesTM magazine who wants interviews/pics form all bigtime collectors or special ones who only collect special stuff etc.

@ trevor , man you keep growing :) , you should send in some pictures to gamesTM aswell imo :)

Offline lempkee

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 06:17:50 PM »

Framiga wrote:

TrevorDick wrote:

Too many to list in details , but on a quick count > 60, comprising:-

2 x Micro A1-C
5 x A1-XE

snip

lempkee wrote:

4,5x AmigaOne's , 1 is broken so thats why its half.

hug! this explains why all the AmigaNG are sold out! ;-)

You had the chance to get some yourself ;)

Anyway if there had been more available i would have bought some more, thats life.

Offline lempkee

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 06:45:52 AM »
sadly i have seen people throw out high specced Amiga's aswell as other rare/hard to find stuff.

I recall the airport nearby threw out their complete toaster/vlab etc range with the actual Monitors/machines too,sadly not everything was salvaged but most was thanks to someone spotting them throwing it out into the containers.

My brother works in an electro store where they also have a electro press, this squeeze the stuff into square items (1by1 M or so), his house is full of "junk" which works fine and always have but the old owners toss the "junk" out as soon as they see something better in the shop.

the value of a laptop is indeed questionable but i would never say nothanks to a IBM thinkpad laptop with 1gb ram and 80gb hdd aswell as a dvd burner and a 1+ghz cpu.

Or a chipped ps2 with network adapter and harddrive, it even was in the orginal packaging....

I myself threw out a defunkt cd32 some years ago, i regret it but it went by a mistake...but lol there was nothing inside of any value anyways since i repaird my cubo aswell as an cd32 with parts from the broken one.