Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How many Amigas do you own?  (Read 8154 times)

Description:

Offline BinoX

• Show all replies
Re: How many Amigas do you own?
« on: June 15, 2007, 06:53:06 PM »
Let's See...

1x A1200 T (PPC at 233MHz + 040, 265MB RAM, Mediator, Voodoo 3, Soundblaster 128, 100mbps network)
2x A1200 (Plain.. 1x Amiga Tech (with fast clockport->serial port) and 1x Commodore)
1x A4000 D (CyberStorm MKIII 060 50MHz, 128MB RAM, Algor USB, Delfina Sound Card, X-Surf, Buddha IDE)
2x A2000 (030 50MHz, 8MB RAM) and (030 20MHz, 8MB RAM)
2x A500 (2MB Chip RAM, ECS chipset) and (plain)
1x A500+ (2MB Chip RAM)
2x A600 (both have 2MB chip ram)
1x CDTV (020 @ 16MHz, 8MB RAM, Clockport, mouse, keyboard, SCSI)
1x CD32 (Paravision SX-1, 8MB RAM, keyboard)
1x AmigaOne XE G4 (800Mhz, SoundBlaster 128, 256MB RAM)

So that's... 14 apparently... 13 if you don't include the AmigaOne
I may have some more 1200s but Im not sure.. and hopefully I will have a DraCo system too..
Back to action!

Offline BinoX

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 12:57:02 PM »

A4000_Mad wrote:
Great idea! But when I showed her this thread she just said the we *ALL* belong in the film One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest :bigcy:

lol.. I get away with it thankfully.. I have only 2 or 3 set up in the room, the rest are stashed away in my small workshop :D
Back to action!

Offline BinoX

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 05:30:13 PM »

pha_q wrote:
None. My A4000T/PPC went to the dump this weekend, along with all software, magazines and peripherals. Just having a last look at some Amiga websites before I delete my bookmarks, then my involvement with Amiga is finished.

It was great to start with, but for me it's pointless to even think about staying. AOS doesn't provide the facilities I need in the 21st century.

That's brutal... It was faithful to you and you just dumped it..

WHich leads me to my next few questions...
Which dump? Where? Which country?
Must.. go.. fetch..
Back to action!

Offline BinoX

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 05:37:42 PM »

Boot_WB wrote:
@Binox

Hey - get in line dude, I asked first :lol:

We'll see who gets there first... :lol:

Although if it is near us and I did go and get it I'd probably let u have the PPC Accelerator (for half of the petrol cost)... as much as I'd like it, I'd rather have the 4000T system and it'd only be fair to let you have something... :)

Edit:
Hmm.. I've just realised who you are.. lol... Did you ever get that cheque for those LS120 drives? I sent about 3 or 4 of them... maybe I never had your address right.. lol
Back to action!

Offline BinoX

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 05:52:45 PM »

Boot_WB wrote:
PS - If I find it first you can have the a4000T ;-)

Yay! Cool :D Cheers..

Hmmm.. Manchester... Boot_WB... You're nearest.. Got time to rummage?

Yeah, I did finish the In-Car PC actually.. it's great :D
Here's a pic of the main screen: http://www.apidya.net/incar.png
Back to action!

Offline BinoX

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 05:57:15 PM »

pha_q wrote:
As for dumping my system, I've tried selling it, and had nothing but clowns offering a pittance for it. I'm not shelling out thousands of pounds for someone else's benefit. As far as I'm concerned, a poor return is worse than no return.

I didn't know you were selling it... I either totally missed it or don't check the places that you had it up for sale.
I wouldn't have been able to offer you massive amounts of cash up-front, but I'm sure we could have worked out some pay monthly thing (Done that with a few other people on expesive hardware purchases).
Back to action!

Offline BinoX

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 06:00:42 PM »

Boot_WB wrote:
Am I glad I booked this week off on holiday! :-)

lol.. It's almost like you knew this was gunna happen :)
And there's no better way to spend a holiday than amiga hunting...
Back to action!

Offline BinoX

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 06:15:08 PM »

pha_q wrote:
I know, that's why I haven't given the location. If I wanted someone to have it I could have put a post on here - "A4K, free to first person salivating at my front door".

I guess at the end of the day it was yours to do what you wanted with... Personally I'd have given it away to someone, but it's all down to personal choice what we do with our stuff.
Some people will ebay it, some people will hide it away for year and some people will throw it away.

I guess most people are upset about it because it's a nice piece of hardware that lots of people want to have, but unfortunately not many people have that kinda money, so to see it be thrown out like that is a little distressing. (Especially to me, kind-of-collector that I am)
Back to action!

Offline BinoX

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 06:25:25 PM »

pha_q wrote:
Previous attempts at selling it have been too much bother. Now I want the space back. Same with the PCs I binned, along with countless books and videos. It's no use to me anymore, therefore it's junk. Sure, I could have sold it eventually, maybe split the system up, but that would mean it hanging around the house for god knows how long, and placing more adverts. Easier to drive to the tip.

I understand where you're coming from now.. That does make a lot of sense..
I'm sorry that you haven't had much luck with the Amiga scene, it does seem to mess people around like that, it does seem that you got a lot of the worst of it though.
I wish you the best for the future.
Back to action!

Offline BinoX

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 06:34:36 PM »

pha_q wrote:
It wasn't just a nice system, it was a top of the line, maxxed out, dogs bollocks of a system. Power tower, 3 scsi HDs, CDRW, CSPPC, CybervisionPPC, Mediator, Ariadne, tons of software. Total cost was somewhere near 3 thousand.

Unfortunately, the responses I got were all along the lines of "It's old, I'll give you £200", or "Good luck, you must think we're stupid to buy that old junk". So I decided not to bother trying to find a "good home", or even a bad one.

That was an extremely nice setup, it's a shame that you got messed around so much :(
Back to action!

Offline BinoX

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 06:45:55 PM »
A4000 motherboard alone go for quite a lot... (I know 'cause mine's just died :( )

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180128171868&rd=1&rd=1 for example..

Then the cards would probably have gone for £50 - £100 each
Back to action!

Offline BinoX

• Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 06:54:53 PM »
Add another A1200 to my list...

Got a busboard on the way (hopefully soon) courtesy of amigakit.com (great shop :D) and will be building it up in the coming weeks...

It's either gunna be a rackmount box or a fulltower case... Although I would quite like to put it in a desktop case... Maybe I should make a nice clear acrylic case at work.... hmmmm... *cogs whirring*
Back to action!

Offline BinoX

• Show all replies
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 07:01:58 PM »

Andeda wrote:
According to my wife i own way too many Amigas  :-)
But im still collecting more, im still searching for an A4000. I use my A3000 daily.

My tip for searching for an A4000 is get one off ebay that's "non-working" or "untested".. Usually the problem with them is that they just need the chip ram or chips reseating.. That's how I originally got mine :) Unfortunately since I got mine it got damp and corroded.. so now I'm A4000 motherboard hunting :)
Back to action!