Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Boogiegail strikes again!!!  (Read 4279 times)

Description:

Offline dannyp1

• Show only replies by dannyp1
Re: Boogiegail strikes again!!!
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2007, 12:58:32 PM »
There are obviously issues going on with Boogiegail that we aren't aware of and don't understand.  She has been selling too long to be just a rip-off artist.  She has sold far too many things to be doing this just to steal peoples money.  I have dealt with her probably a half dozen times with mixed results but in the end everything has worked itself out.  The most recent was buying a MKII from her that included a manual (the manual was in the picture in the listing) and when the package arrived it wasn't in it.  Somehow it came up missing.  Eventually she sent me $20 for not getting it but how do you lose a manual that's part of a listing?  It makes no sense.  I would deal with her again simply because she often offers things that are desirable and rare and that you might only see once or twice a year on Ebay.  I would not take the chance of dealing with her on common items such as the 1.3 disks mentioned above because these are available every day of the week on Ebay.  You are taking the chance of a hassle when you deal with her but it does seem that eventually things work themselves out.  Either you get your item or a refund.  I am not writing this to defend her because causing people these problems is no way to do business.  We have to remember that everybody in this world is not created equal.  There are people of all different IQ ranges and economic situations.  What seems obvious and straight-forward to us might not seem that way to the next person.  To end this I will just say that I don't think we are dealing with a bad person here, just someone with some problems of some sort.  It's easy to say that she should stop selling, but probably not so easy for her to give up the money she makes from doing it.

Dan

Offline jbuonacc

• Show only replies by jbuonacc
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007, 01:47:37 PM »
right, i'm not assuming the worst (with other sellers either), but this is a bit ridiculous. and no, there weren't a dozen 1.3 disks available at the time, at least not in the US (i don't even really need them now though). things are different in UK/Europe it seems. i'm not going to wait by the mailbox, or raise hell (should i anyway?), but i would like to see these show up.

as for the A500 - right, it was sold 'as-is', but due to people who "won't buy from anyone with even a 98% feedback rating" i'm at the mercy of anyone i do business with. there's no way i would've sold this thing knowing anything was wrong, but now i've got to worry about him possibly leaving a negative if i don't refund his money. how does it look to you? here's a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140097078675&rd=1&rd=1

i take my current 100% pretty seriously and try to maintain a good relationship with buyers/sellers, but stuff like this makes me not want to deal with it. i've gotten quite shafted on a handful of C64's recently, did i go off crying to the seller for each of them? not at all, they were listed 'as-is' and i knew that when i bid on them. i've also never waited until i received positive feedback from a buyer to do the same for them. if they do their part, i immediately give them a positive for their payment. feedback ransom is lame.

Offline Ral-Clan

• Show only replies by Ral-Clan
    • http://www3.sympatico.ca/clarke-santin/
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 02:00:29 PM »

as for the A500 - right, it was sold 'as-is', how does it look to you? here's a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140097078675&rd=1&rd=1

I hope you wrote the serial number of that A500 down just in case the buyer tries to do a "switch" on you and return the defective A500 he previously bought.

Also, make he knows what he is doing in hooking up the monitor.  It's unfortunate that sometimes people have to pay for return shipping costs because the buyer doesn't have a clue / didn't know what he or she was getting onto.

I think since you said it was "AS-IS" you should have to refund his or her money, but you're right that there is a serious Ebay flaw with retaliatory feedback.

I think there should be a double blind feedback posting system on Ebay.  Feedback should be stored by Ebay's computers and NOT posted publically until BOTH the buyer and seller have submitted their feedback to Ebay --- then both "feedbacks" are posted simultaneously.  Only then could the buyer and seller read the other person's feedback.
Music I've made using Amigas and other retro-instruments: http://theovoids.bandcamp.com

Offline Doraemon

• Show only replies by Doraemon
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007, 03:35:32 PM »
I had problems too with that person.
I bought a A4000D mobo that i never get.
The seller said that he sell the last to another person and do not have more for me.
After a lot of time, paypal and ebay fights I get all my money back.
It is't a serious ebayer.
I don't know how ebay don't make something with people like this.

Offline jbuonacc

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2007, 02:13:53 AM »
oddly enough, my WB 1.3 disks and manual came yesterday afternoon just after writing about this. hopefully things will work out with the guy on the A500, he seems reasonable so far.

Offline drewz21

• Show only replies by drewz21
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2007, 03:21:01 AM »
Well, I've still not heard on my claim but I've noticed she has listed several new Amiga items on Ebay.  I've asked for responses from her now through PayPal and Ebay.  Really tired of this.
Amiga - The fun computer!

Amiga 500 - 3MB, A590, 250MB HD, SupraTurbo28.
Amiga 1200HD - 32MB, 4GB CF-Card, GVP 68030-40Mhz.
Amiga 600HD

Offline amesie2Topic starter

• Show only replies by amesie2
    • http://www.amiga.org
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2007, 04:31:45 AM »
@drewz21

Wow, hope you get something 435.00 is alot to lose when it isn't your fault at all.

I would think that Paypal could freeze her account until things are resolved with you kinda too bad that one would have to go that far.

Offline Boot_WB

• Show only replies by Boot_WB
    • http://www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2007, 04:33:31 AM »
As for the a500 buyer, the other auction listing describes the one he bought in December as "The system has tape residue, is yellowed and the trapdoor underneath is taped on!  It’s also missing it’s side expansion cover."

It should be pretty easy to tell if he's trying to rip you off by returning the other A500 claiming it's the one he bought from you.

Mac Mini G4 (1.5GHz, 64MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.6
Powerbook 5.8 (15", 1.67GHz, 128MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.8.

Windows-free since 2011-2014 (Damn you Netflix!)

Offline aardvark

• Show only replies by aardvark
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2007, 07:25:17 AM »
I think there are some fundamental problems with ebay feedback. One being that you can't retract anything once you have posted it.  The other day I accidentally left positive feedback for a guy whose item I never recieved. I meant to give the feedback to a guy from whom I'd purchased a similar item. They should at least have a limited time in which to cancel accidental feedback.

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2007, 10:47:56 AM »
@jbuonacc
Well the sub-headng of your auction does say "fully working", and the body of the auction also states that it is "in good working condition, fully tested and running smoothly". If I read this on an "as-is" auction I would assume one of the following:

a. The "as-is" clause is a formality, and the system will be fine
b. The seller hasn't really tested it and doesn't actually know if it is working
c. The seller is lying and the system does not work at all

I might take a chance and bid on the item, but would be very disappointed if it arrived non-working after the auction stated that it was "fully working" and "fully tested". I would probably complain to the seller in this case.

Sorry of this is not what you wanted to hear. I'm not trying to offend you but I think that if you are selling an item "as-is" you shouldn't state also that it is fully working in another part of the auction as this is slightly contradictory.

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline jbuonacc

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2007, 11:18:13 AM »
thanks for the input on the A500. it's tricky listing something 'as-is', or even selling something when so many things can go wrong with it. obviously it was working fine for me, but who knows what could happen in the meantime. i also wouldn't want to be responsible if he happened to plug something in with the machine powered up. fortunately i've got a handful of A500's here at the moment and was willing to repair/replace it if needed.

update - the guy emailed me last night saying he was a 'big idiot' and that he was sorry for giving me a hard time. :-D i wouldn't go that far, but... looks like he just didn't have the monitor switched over for RGB input (maybe it was set to composite?). turns out that the other one he bought had a  bad PSU and RAM expansion. if he hadn't agreed to test it out a bit more it'd be on its way back here, all due to user error. still pretty frustrating. now if i can just get these C64's working...

Offline da9000

• Show only replies by da9000
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2007, 04:42:23 AM »

motorollin wrote:
@jbuonacc
Well the sub-headng of your auction does say "fully working", and the body of the auction also states that it is "in good working condition, fully tested and running smoothly". If I read this on an "as-is" auction I would assume one of the following:

a. The "as-is" clause is a formality, and the system will be fine
b. The seller hasn't really tested it and doesn't actually know if it is working
c. The seller is lying and the system does not work at all

I might take a chance and bid on the item, but would be very disappointed if it arrived non-working after the auction stated that it was "fully working" and "fully tested". I would probably complain to the seller in this case.

Sorry of this is not what you wanted to hear. I'm not trying to offend you but I think that if you are selling an item "as-is" you shouldn't state also that it is fully working in another part of the auction as this is slightly contradictory.

--
moto

I don't see it that way. The "as is" only means one thing: the machine is working fully (like stated) _BUT_ it's possible that something might stop working because it's old.

Simple.

Although I would word the "as is" like: "as is due to age".

Offline da9000

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2007, 04:44:40 AM »

ral-clan wrote:
I think there should be a double blind feedback posting system on Ebay.  Feedback should be stored by Ebay's computers and NOT posted publically until BOTH the buyer and seller have submitted their feedback to Ebay --- then both "feedbacks" are posted simultaneously.  Only then could the buyer and seller read the other person's feedback.

That would be interesting to see in action. It sounds like a good idea. Almost like Solomon's rule: if you have to split something equally between two people, you have one do the splitting and the other the choosing :)

Offline da9000

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2007, 04:45:20 AM »

aardvark wrote:
I think there are some fundamental problems with ebay feedback. One being that you can't retract anything once you have posted it.  The other day I accidentally left positive feedback for a guy whose item I never recieved. I meant to give the feedback to a guy from whom I'd purchased a similar item. They should at least have a limited time in which to cancel accidental feedback.

Agreed, that's very annoying ( as well as the length or number of comments... )

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2007, 06:04:53 AM »
Agree with all the comments about feedback. With regards to the "as-is" clause, I maintain that saying it is as-is in one part of the auction and that it is fully working in another does not make sense. I would put a single paragraph stating something like the following:

This item was tested recently and found to be working, however the functionality cannot be guaranteed due to its age. Also please bear in mind that due to its age it might not be straightforward to set up. If you do have any problems getting it working please contact me prior to leaving feedback and I will do my best to help you, but as stated this is an as-is auction as I will not guarantee the functional condition of the item.

IMHO that is clearer than just stating that it's "fully working" but also "as-is".

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline da9000

« Reply #44 from previous page: March 26, 2007, 06:11:13 AM »
Granted, it's better to have a paragraph like that, which most of us take for granted, yet some don't ...