Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 500 Plus  (Read 564 times)

Description:

Offline 23703jimTopic starter

• Show only replies by 23703jim
500 Plus
« on: January 06, 2007, 04:21:45 AM »
any 500 plus machines here in the usa? or perhaps a 500plus motherboard?

james portsmouth va :-?

Offline Riveninsid

• Show only replies by Riveninsid
Re: 500 Plus
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 05:15:00 AM »
i've got 3, i just pulled them out of my attic.
my teacher gave them to me, i dont have everything however, but there there, kind of cool to play with none the less. evn though i dont have the mouse  :lol:

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
Re: 500 Plus
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 06:22:48 AM »
If it helps, I have an Amiga 500+ PAL system and have recently made some interesting revelations.

It really depends on what you want to do whether you need a PAL or NTSC system.  If you want to play demos and games from over the pond, you'll probably want to stick with the PAL system.  USA games are probably the only reason to use an NTSC system.

If you plan to use a modern version of AmigaOS, a PAL system will work just fine thanks to the NTSC monitor driver.  I *thought* I had an NTSC system until recently when I finally looked up the 2MB Agnus and found it really is PAL.  Connecting it to my Dell LCD monitor confirmed this: the early startup menu was 50Hz.

That explains why game and music timing were different, and also why startup graphics which came up before Workbench didn't center vertically on the screen as expected.  None of this bothered me in the five years I used this particular system, and I'm sure it won't bother you.