Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wanta a laugh? As-Is 64C system for $2,000.  (Read 4081 times)

Description:

Offline mpiva

• Show all replies
    • http://members.shaw.ca/michpiva
Re: Wanta a laugh? As-Is 64C system for $2,000.
« on: August 24, 2006, 07:46:44 PM »
  I also think $500 is a reasonable price for that A2000 system.  I'd never spend that kind of money on an A2000 regardless of what's in it but I do think it's on par for what similar items are selling for on eBay.  Why should people be expected to GIVE stuff away on eBay?  He's obviously trying to reap some benefit from all the money and time he's invested into this system.  What's wrong with that?  If people are willing to pay what he's asking, then good for him.  The problem is, it's unlikely to sell with that starting bid and it's sad to think that such a nice system MAY go in the garbage.  The ironic thing is that he probably would have got the $500 (and possibly more) if he had a lower starting bid (and the $1000 BIN price just scares people away).
-- Michael A. Piva --

"In engineering, there is no single truth, no one right answer; there\'s a canvas, and you paint it your way, only with chips or gates or subroutines rather than actual paint. That\'s the Amiga..."
-Dave Haynie

Offline mpiva

• Show all replies
    • http://members.shaw.ca/michpiva
Re: Wanta a laugh? As-Is 64C system for $2,000.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 09:48:54 PM »

TjLaZer wrote:
See expecting him to start the bidding at $100 is pretty much the same as asking for free stuff!  People want a good deal and are not willing to pay what it is worth.  I am sorry if you disagree but this system is worth $500 period.  (if you need a refresher can you say Phase 5 MC68060 CPU card three times?)  True if he started it at $100 the end bid *might* fetch $500 or more, but it could also end at $100 and what a deal that would be for you cheap skates out there huh!?

That's why you set a RESERVE.  If you absolutely won't sell it for less than $500, then start the bidding @ $100, or even $200, and set your reserve for $500.  Then you don't have to worry about selling it for less than you want but you don't scare people away from the get-go.
-- Michael A. Piva --

"In engineering, there is no single truth, no one right answer; there\'s a canvas, and you paint it your way, only with chips or gates or subroutines rather than actual paint. That\'s the Amiga..."
-Dave Haynie